Carlise First time

-

williaml

Reaction score
I have never been to the Chryslers in Carlise before. I have a 1965 dodge Dart Convertible. What class would that car belong to? Do people register or just drive up and park somewhere? Is it worth getting a hotel room, I live about 3 hours away. Will there be vendors there in regards to bumpers and such? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

untitled.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 277
I have never been to the Chryslers in Carlise before. I have a 1965 dodge Dart Convertible. What class would that car belong to? Do people register or just drive up and park somewhere? Is it worth getting a hotel room, I live about 3 hours away. Will there be vendors there in regards to bumpers and such? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

untitled.jpg

Its very easy if you pre-register, on-line. You will pick your category from a list and when you get there on Friday or Saturday, there are plenty of people to guide you to the proper location on the show field. There is camping available if that's what you like but getting a hotel is the way I go. All of the hotels in the area are like mini-cruise nights each night. There are tons of vendors and days of things to look at. It's a lot of fun.

I leave from Morristown at about 5:00 Friday morning to meet up with some guys in Hope. You are always welcome to tag along. We could meet at Rockaway Mall if you wanted.

Thanks

untitled.jpg
You can Pre-register. Not only Bumpers and such but You will be lucky to see all the venders in 2 days! A must if you have never been!

if You don't find what You are looking for at Carlisle;then You aren't looking....Just have an idea of fair price on items You are looking for. There will be several bumper specialty people there. I always use Bumper Boyz....has to take a bumper back but they were "excellent" about it and gave no hassles/questions

Thursday and Friday they usually let you get away parking just about anywhere. Saturday you have to park in class. You could go stock or light modified probably. I throw my car in light modified just to get the rust bucket in the gate. Lol.

I'd say yes het a room. 3 hours is a long drive after walking around that place all day in the heat. You'll need at least two days to see everything there. May be tough to get a room this close to the event though. But there will be cancelations so you may get lucky.
Look into camping too. There are a couple places around to camp.

Have fun man. It's a cool event

Plan on getting there early. I like to get there Thursday late morning. Thursday and Friday are the best days IMO. Saturday is a Mob with the Burnout and Bikini contests Plus swap meet gets more congested. It's pretty much over on Sunday.

I usually get my hotel room a year in advance.

Mopar Collectors Guide may still have rooms at the Radisson and it's only about 15 miles away.

I have been 30 miles away a couple times to get a good room rate.

great, just pre-registered.....Now finding a hotel, lol...

I always stay in Harrisburg as I usually get a room in a decent hotel for under 50 a night...it's a 22 mile ride one way but better than a hundred a night

Where do you get a good room for under $50?

My sister is a manager for a major hotel chain, and even with her discount I have paid 60-120 per night.

Carlisle is a quality show. Hard to see every thing in 2 days because there is so much. You need to go and check it out. I think you will like it.

We used to go to Carlisle, but budget woes, keep me to one major far away event a year, so we as a group go to the Mopar Nationals every year.. Truth be told, there is more to see in the way of vendors, and just general selling (swap meet) than there is at the Nats. If I had the money I would still attend both meets.. Carlisle is more than worth attending.. and we always just went for the day, but you REALLY need 2 days to even come close to seeing everything..

I'm considering a first time too. Is it true that you can't put up For Sale signs in your car if it's in the show area? For Sale cars have to go in the car coral?

I came back from Florida a few weeks ago and could stay at same motel for half what it costs me on show weekend. Middlesex Diner is still good and doesn't raise prices for
Chrysler show.

It's the BEST Mopar show in my opinion. You'll have a great time.

Anybody on here going from around Pittsburgh?

Where do you get a good room for under $50?

My sister is a manager for a major hotel chain, and even with her discount I have paid 60-120 per night.

Not gonna happen. I did get one for 99.00 outside of carlisle. Paid 149 last year. Awesome show! I go fri sat and sun

If you've never been there before you need 3-4days to see it all at a reasonable pace and check stuff out. A lot of vendors close up like 5pm but some stay later, some stay rite at their spots. .........wear comfortable shoes for a lot of walking, sunscreen and cold drinks.

I'm still waiting to hear about the good rooms in Harrisburg for under $50.

I'll have my survivor there in building Y for the MODTOP gathering.

Attachments

• MOD shoot.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 103
-
Back