$$ Carlisle $$

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Wow.... was it just me, or has this hobby gotten even more nuts? The price tags hanging off of stuff yesterday was nuts. I saw a guy selling a POS `67 Fastback that looked like it was used for target practice after it was drudged out of a creek offered at $4,000. Yeah, it *was* a 273/4 spd. but it was a total mess. Then there was the guy selling a beat-to-death coupe that wanted $7,500. And parts? Wow.... I'm afraid our beloved A Bodies are starting to hit the big-time radar. Now that everyone and their brother has a Road Runner or a Challenger the A's are starting to get some respect. And the prices show it.

Unfortunately I was without a camera yesterday, but I met a gentleman whom was walking around wearing a custom embroidered golf shirt that said " Layson's Sucks" on his left breast.
LaysonSucks-vi.jpg

I took a picture with my camera phone, sorry for the poor quality. He had a Layson's horror story that involved a year of arguing, bad-blood, and over a $1,000. The gentleman wants to kick *** and still might do it....

I made 3 trips out to my car with "Nickel & Dime" stuff that cost me just over a grand.... I scored a NICE set of re-chromed taillight housings, new taillight lenses from BE&A ($60 cheaper than Laysons...) I got my engine compartment brake lines, I also bought sill plates, and what seems like a thousand little packages that all cost $50 or more each. But I made a list, checked it twice, and bought EVERYTHING I needed. Got a real nice tan too.... BEAUTIFUL day!

And that Rat-Bastard Dave Layson didn't get a nickel from me. :cheers:

LaysonSucks-vi.jpg

LaysonSucks-vi.jpg

Hey John i kept an eye out for you yesterday but never seen you.
Did you see the guy that was selling NOS 69 RR qtrs. $4500 each!!!

I was looking for a fender for my 71 Duster found one for $250 and it was bent,so i came home without one.
My brother picked up a complete A body 4-speed trans. minus the shifter for $450.
The only thing i bought besides a dozen bottles of water was the new 70 Dart "purple" die-cast car for $50

How about the Daytona NOS quarter panel for $7500, or the pos Duster hood with scoops for $650. I wanted to get a new front grille for my Duster but was shocked to find one that was in the same shape as mine for $125.
On a brighter note it was hot and the Ladies were dressed for the occasion... plus I got to see up close Indy's fully CNC'd heads WOW are they beautiful!
The new Chally has got to be here soon; they had a countdown clock it was somewhere around 214 days, 22 hours. The superstock version was awesome, I like the black on black on black look.

Wow.... was it just me, or has this hobby gotten even more nuts? The price tags hanging off of stuff yesterday was nuts. I saw a guy selling a POS `67 Fastback that looked like it was used for target practice after it was drudged out of a creek offered at $4,000. Yeah, it *was* a 273/4 spd. but it was a total mess. Then there was the guy selling a beat-to-death coupe that wanted $7,500. And parts? Wow.... I'm afraid our beloved A Bodies are starting to hit the big-time radar. Now that everyone and their brother has a Road Runner or a Challenger the A's are starting to get some respect. And the prices show it.

Unfortunately I was without a camera yesterday, but I met a gentleman whom was walking around wearing a custom embroidered golf shirt that said " Layson's Sucks" on his left breast.
LaysonSucks-vi.jpg

I took a picture with my camera phone, sorry for the poor quality. He had a Layson's horror story that involved a year of arguing, bad-blood, and over a $1,000. The gentleman wants to kick *** and still might do it....

I made 3 trips out to my car with "Nickel & Dime" stuff that cost me just over a grand.... I scored a NICE set of re-chromed taillight housings, new taillight lenses from BE&A ($60 cheaper than Laysons...) I got my engine compartment brake lines, I also bought sill plates, and what seems like a thousand little packages that all cost $50 or more each. But I made a list, checked it twice, and bought EVERYTHING I needed. Got a real nice tan too.... BEAUTIFUL day!

And that Rat-Bastard Dave Layson didn't get a nickel from me. :cheers:

Glad I bought my car and all the resto parts when I did. Just need to put it all together.

These goofballs who ask rediculous prices for crap cars and part just take all the enthusiasim out of the hobby. What a waste of everybodies time. But I guess there's a sucker born every day.

DSC09538 (Small).JPG

LaysonSucks-vi.jpg

LaysonSucks-vi.jpg

Showing my 'newbie' ignorance- who is the vendor BE and A that Nicefisheh bought his parts from? I'm looking for some tail light bezels for the Dart and don't want to deal with Layson's, Thanks, Joe :)

Did any of you see "Barrelcuda"? I never got up to Alan's to check it out yet, but it was suppose to be shown down there.

Did you guys see the rolled Green 69 Daytona? They were asking $130,000!!!

i had a blast.... only bought a few things though... south mountian was a good time as usual too..

Did you guys see the rolled Green 69 Daytona? They were asking $130,000!!!

Actually, it was 140K..... :neutral:

I never made it over to see the Challenger, but I did cruise the A Body fields. How about that dead-stock appearing, Grand-Ma`65 Valiant with the supercharged slant six with a 5 spd. ? It was probably one of the nicest cars there.

And I had no %$#@#$% camera.... :?

Showing my 'newbie' ignorance- who is the vendor BE and A that Nicefisheh bought his parts from? I'm looking for some tail light bezels for the Dart and don't want to deal with Layson's, Thanks, Joe :)

Once you get into it, you'll find out real quick who you can trust and who you can't.

For used stuff, I want to see it before I buy it. I bought all my main supension parts from wreckers. The 8 3/4 and Suregrip from a friend. Everything else I got from Summit, Eastwood, Totally Auto, and Just Suspension. No problems!

One time, I wanted one wheel opening trim from a vendor in CT. He had two of them. One excellent, the other was banged up and scratched. I paid for the good one. Guess which one he shipped?

The BEA site shows nice stuff and priced accordingly. Maybe check with Adam about reputation.

DSC07259-11 (Small).jpg

I have never used BEA before but thats were John got his tail light from.

Who was then vendor in CT that you had problems with ?

Yup, that's the one....:wink:

Nice Father & Son winter project. Knock it out on weekends and in your spare time. :evil4:

Seeing a project like that makes you realize flushing $50 bills down the toilet would be cheaper....

A little bit of Zaino on the exterior of that Daytona and imperfections will buff right out.

Sad thing is somewill will probably pay in the very low six figures for that Daytona to fix it up.

Someone will pay $125,000.00 for it ,then some auto show on Speed or TLC sponsors the restoration, and it winds up selling at BJ`s for 1/2 a mill..............well, it could happen!

The Daytona is my buddies car & that price was for the car + ALL the parts to fix it many of which are NOS. It was rolled in 73. In a way I find it cool due to the time capsule effect, But would like to see it restored as I know its a Rare Combo in that color.

In all I was only there on Fri it was a nice day & John is right the price on decent cars are climbing rapidly, not to even mention the basket cases that have gone outrageous. I managed to pick up a number of small parts with trips back to the truck, but managed to finally find a seller that had early A rear floor pans not only in stock but at the show :) if anyone else needs that its www.KramerAuto.com

Cool, I got about 250 pics this year. Finally got me a decent camera and it got a workout this weekend. Here's a shot of the supercharger setup. Very clean job. Enjoy!

DSCN0195.jpg

insane prices only stay that way if people actually pay them though.

need less newbies caving to the insane prices of basket cases to bring the prices back down to reasonable levels :)

-
Back