carlisle

-

RedDart69

Reaction score
was wondering if anybody could tell me what spring carisle the 24-28 is about?i have a 64 ford fairlane that i would like to take down an trade for a mopar.is this something they do in the spring or should i wait till it's mopars there Thanks.

I went to that one last year and there was not much Mopar cars or parts...

RedDart, I haven't been in ages, too far south in Fl & Sc....lol. But thru the 70s/80s, i went to all of them and the spring event was always the largest attendance. Not sure how much things have changed, but if you wait until the Mopar event, you might have trouble finding someone wanting the Fairlane? I see your in Pa. You might want to try going and if nothing interests you for a trade, you might be able to sell it outright and go back and find what your looking for later in the year. Just a thought.

I have been going to the Spring and fall shows for 30 years. It is true that the Mopar stuff has dried up somewhat...it is not gone completely. The days of buying Hemi heads, intake and exhaust manifolds for $675.00 are long gone (like my dad and I did in 1986 for our 70 hemi Challenger), but you can find the occassional good Mopar deal. Unless it's a Mopar only show, fords and chevys will dominate...thats just the facts. One other thing to think about, if you are looking for a trade, bringing a ford to the Mopar show might not be the way to go.

RedDart, You might want to try going and if nothing interests you for a trade, you might be able to sell it outright and go back and find what your looking for later in the year. Just a thought.

That sounds like a good plan.

One other thing to consider..........

When you go to events like this and find someone willing to trade a Mopar for a Ford.....Many times the're flippers and you'll usually come out on the wrong end on both sides of the deal. Not saying it can't work, just be vigilant when considering any deals presented to you.

take the car and put it for sale in the coral ....then come back for the mopar show and look for something to buy

Sell your car privately and take the money to Mopars in Carlise in July to find a nice Mopar.

My experience is that there is so little Mopar stuff and old antique stuff it is a waste of time- and I live less than 2 hours away- I find Craigslist the best place to buy and sell

not sure about carlisle but ya may be able to sell or trade ur fairlane in lake george at the adirondacknationalcarshow,com in sept. the show runs usually from the 8th to the 12th.

-
Back