Carlisle?

-

soul60s

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Carlisle Fall show this weekend? I believe my husband and I are going. Hoping to find some parts for my duster (hopefully turning demon).

Question.... I am going to use my 75 duster body but changing it to a 71 demon. Does the vin stay the same or does that change with it too (assuming I had a demon parts car with a vin) and will it be considered a 75 duster or a 71 demon?

Joanne

The whole front end and tail lights along with the inside will change to demon.

1) its illegal to change the VIN.

2)99+% chance you wont find any parts at fall Carlisle, its 90% GM , 9% Ford.

Good thing you told me about the vin. If I don't ask, I won't know.

As for carlisle, are you serious? No mopar????? What about the swap and show at Hershey next week???

most of hershey is per 1960. if its there you probally wont find it. for mopar parts there are very few.

Wow! I'm batting a thousand. Thx for the info.

The car will be considered a '75 Duster by the government regardless of what it looks like.

I just took a '72 Scamp and change everything over to '70 Dart sheetmetal. It may look like a '70 Dart Swinger but the title says and is a '72 Valiant. Same thing for your '75 Duster.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck. I have not read anything of anyone else changing cars from one year to another. Everyone talks about clone 340's from 318's but nothing about years. Thanks for setting this straight for me.

Joanne

You'll want to wait until July of next year and attend the Chrysler only show at Carlisle. There you will find nothing but Chrysler parts!

Sounds like heaven. Especially now since I have my own project to do. Before it was just my husband's 68 cuda. That is the one I am practicing body work on. So far, it is still only in the stripping stage. Which reminds me, I have to go sand the trunk now. july is sooo far away. Know of any other mopar events on the east side of the country?

I'll be in Carlisle on Sat. their right not much mopar stuff but sometimes you can get lucky and find what you need.
The aftermarket parts vendors are there Jack's,Year One,etc.
I'm planning on going to Hershey to never been there.

-
Back