Carolina Machine Engines question

-

Vinny ‘65

Still Mopar, after all these years!
Reaction score
Anyone ever purchase an engine from Carolina Machine Engines, or know anything about them.

They have 310 and 335 HP 318 engines. I’m interested but know nothing about them. I’m looking for a 318 engine with a little more HP.

A few complaints on the BBB site and on their Facebook page. I've never heard of them.

Lol I just googled them...30 reviews and an average of 2.6 outta 5 stars....what's that tell you?
A 318 putting out 310 and 335 should be very easily obtained. No need to go with anyone unknown.

Lol I just googled them...30 reviews and an average of 2.6 outta 5 stars....what's that tell you?
A 318 putting out 310 and 335 should be very easily obtained. No need to go with anyone unknown.

Any suggestions?

Ive dealt with them twice, once for rebuilding a slant six short block years ago (they incorrectly milled the block for slightly increased compression, had too much actually) and was supposed to have a 360 short block sourced from them a few years ago but they couldn't find a core. Knowing what I know now I'd never consider using them. I'm of the opinion now that they are just another dime a dozen rebuilder, lots of commuter car engines as their bread and butter, nothing special etc, there are better options from members here.

They are all members here, I put the "@" in front of their name, that "pages" them so to speak. Hope that makes sense?

Depending on where you are in florida,
@RAT ROD AL, @SGBARRACUDA, @69FBCuda, @R4Sedan are all Florida members that may be able to help.
Rusty has offered. Put a callout to Florida members. It's an easily achievable horsepower number.
Good luck!
Don’t use Dvorak machines. I lost thousands of dollars and parts to Dan. Thousands and thousands.

They built a 67 273 for a friend. 2 barrel pistons, Isky E-4 cam and lifters, stock intake, Edelbrock 600 cfm. Dyno'd 265 HP

-
Back