Carpet protector

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think a carpet protector is worth?

When I replaced my carpet this time, I ordered the matching carpeted front and rear floor mats for my '64 Valiant convertible. I don't know if they will be worth the sixty-some dollars I paid, but we'll see.

If you are talking about a clear vinyl, or rubber mat, I don't have any idea of a fair price, but I wouldn't want one. If the carpet gets really nasty looking, or faded, I'll replace the carpet. That's what I just did with my 5-year-old carpet.

If you are talking about the stainless piece for a 4 speed I paid 40 for the last one I bought but have seen them as low as 20 so it depends on how much someone actually wants to pay.

It is the stainless steel one. thanks for the replies

I've driven both for 40 years and don't have a clue what a "carpet protector" is?!? Are you talking about floor mats?!? If you are, then I'm interested. I have new carpet also and am looking for some reasonable and tasteful floor mats. If not, then please explain.

The EARLY-A,s had a stainless carpet protector located on the hump beside the accelerator pedal to protect the carpet. You have been driving the wrong a-body for 40 years.:iconbigg: It looks like this and is a pain in the a#$ to put on with little brass washers that hold the tabs in place.

Attachments

• HPIM0568.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 276
Here's a pic I snagged of Moparlee's '64 Valiant. You can see it behind the wires. Best I could find for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 249
I believe the plate was specific to the early a-bodies with the 4 speed option. Only one I ever saw was on a buddies early '65 cuda with the 4 speed. The hump is very close to the go pedal.

Can anyone furnish a few dimensions for the protector plate?

I've got one in a box in my garage. I'll try to get some pics and dimensions off it this weekend.

Here is one I saved from a 65 Signet hardtop slant 6 4 speed I parted out.

Attachments

• misc 010.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 175
  • misc 011.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 153
  • misc 012.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 150
Thanks for the dimensions & especially the upside down picture.

The dimension along the diagonal crease would also be helpful....Don

-
Back