carpet replacement source

-

swinginmy73

Reaction score
Time to replace the carpet in my 73 and looked at stock interiors and they seem to be the best price for a pre molded carpet. Has anyone used this supplier before? Any other sources?

My car has had a ton of floor surgery, the tunnel has been remade thanks to a trans. swap. I will be getting my carpet done at an upholestry shop. Guy is going to make it out of the newer, thinner carpet. Even molded, the carpet kits just look funky to me....no doubt it is going ot cost me double what a molded carpet will, but what else is new?

Dante's is about 30.00 cheaper than Stock Interiors and they are Mopar so they will be who I'll be calling. Has anyone had any issues with fitment with Dante's. I noticed on Stock Interiors a disclaimer about their product might need trimming.

i have a black 4 speed carpet brand new in the box for 150.00 shipped

I must be crazy I used legendary and the carpet is exactly like stock...a lil pricey but all molded, decent thickness and thread count with backing ...pretty impressive but again I think I paid a premium

that i cannot tell you either way, but.............

even when you buy the four speed carpet, the hump area is not very "pronounced" as you would think

I must be crazy I used legendary and the carpet is exactly like stock...a lil pricey but all molded, decent thickness and thread count with backing ...pretty impressive but again I think I paid a premium

What is considered premium? I just started poking around today after getting the old out of the 73. Best I came up with so far is Dante's, Stock Interiors was 178 without the shipping, 119 for the carpet, 59 for the mass backing.

Got mine from Pro Fit Auto Interiors in Munford, AL after meeting them at Garlits.
I got the mass backing for added heat/sound reduction... also lays better. Also got em to send 1/2yd of carpet for my console.
Outstanding customer service and quality product. Ask for Libby- they beat everybodys price for me.

Well I guess I'm the only one so far who's actually purchased a StockInteriors.com carpet set. I've praised them before and I'll do it again here. The quality is decent, the customer service was outstanding, shipping was completed in 3 days, the price was great and they sent free samples of several grades in advance.

I would not call it a "pre-molded" carpet kit (though that was easily accomplished with a heat gun a few days afterwards) but all the pieces were properly cut, the nap ran the same way on each, and it was a fairly simple installation overall.

As with any carpet kit, some trimming was required and I had to pretty much fab up my own console section from the left over "mystery square" in the box; but the kit included the entire fastback area -- not everybody has that available so it was one of the main reasons I bought it instead of the others.

All in all, I'm happy with it for the money. For some reason I can't get pics to upload tonight so you'll have to use your imagination. :-D

Leanna...I'm considering StockInteriors carpet for my Dart. I'd really like to see those pics you have. Did you get the x-tra "Mass backing"? If not, is the jute backing that comes with the carpet the same thickness as the original carpet? I think ebay has a better deal, all in. ($143.99...free ship in the States)

Thanks ,hun.....

Got mine from Pro Fit Auto Interiors in Munford, AL after meeting them at Garlits.
I got the mass backing for added heat/sound reduction... also lays better. Also got em to send 1/2yd of carpet for my console.
Outstanding customer service and quality product. Ask for Libby- they beat everybodys price for me.

Do you have any pic's of your carpetat install? For that matter does anyone have pic's and vendor info available?

Leanna...I'm considering StockInteriors carpet for my Dart. I'd really like to see those pics you have. Did you get the x-tra "Mass backing"? If not, is the jute backing that comes with the carpet the same thickness as the original carpet? I think ebay has a better deal, all in. ($143.99...free ship in the States)

Thanks ,hun.....

You've got mail Darwin.

I didn't get the extra mass backing since I went another route on my car.

Ill take some pics if the rain lets up today for you swinginmy73.
I think most all the carpet comes from ACC nowadays?
Pro Fit Auto Interiors sent me numerous samples of carpet and interior (shades of blue). They were very helpful in all aspects of selection/purchase/installation. Very pleased with the process despite a minor setback.
I had an issue with my mass backing when ordered and all fingers pointed to ACC and they accepted responsibilty. The vendor Pro Fit Auto Interiors stayed on top of it and actually had a new replacement carpet to me in 3days- before I even had a chance to ship old one back!

The fit is great (I think the mass backing helps form and fit) but keep in mind to trim any "extra" jute padding away from accelerator pedal (see: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=119644 ) as it did cause an issue for me.

I also put down Peel and Seal prior to carpet install and pick is attached. Very inexpensive alternative to FatMat, Dynamat, etc and available @ HomeDepot or Lowes.

Pro Fit Auto Interiors link: http://www.profitautointeriors.com/default.aspx

Attachments

• dart peelseal.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 354
Pics of carpet installed and mass backing

Attachments

• dart Jan 2011 012.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 323
  • dart Jan 2011 015.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 317
  • dart Jan 2011 013.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 312
Were youableto recover full throttle over time? That carpet sure does look good! I like the thought of the peel & seal also! Did you have to remove everything down to the metal for the install? the black mat from the factory is still in fairly decent shape, except for under the gas pedal.I will probably remove it all rather than have uneven carpet down the road. What has anyone found as the best method for the removal of the factory pad?

I too have used carpet from Auto Interriors, and am happy with the results. Install was easy enough, some trimming on the edges and heat gunning in the corners was neccesary but thats to be expected with any carpet kit. I opted to not get the mass backing because of some bad reviews i read on a forum, dont remember wich one, about mass backing carpet not fitting right. The jute padding was about 1/2" thick not sure if thats same as factory or not. I used edead 45 http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_24&products_id=51 as the first layer, I chose this because its Butyl not Asphalt like most of the less expensive 'peel and stick' stuff. Asphalt tends to have an unpleasent odor when the car sits in the sun, it also tends to release from where it was stuck. On top of the edead i put a layer of this http://www.lobucrod.com/index.html, then the carpet kit. I do highly suggest cutting any insulation out from behind the gas pedal before install, its a bit of a pain to do after its installed..and even the jute padding is enough to prevent WOT

-
Back