Cars for sale that dont live up to expectations

-

snewpy

Reaction score
Is it me or is any body else tired of going to look at cars that people want a fortune for but dont accurately describe the car. I am in the Akron Ohio area if some body needs a car looked at close by, give me a shout and I will try to give you an honest assessment of what I see before you drive 6 or 8 hours only to wast your time..

It is like a poker hand when you look at a car. You never know what you will be dealt until you look. That's just the way it is.

I hear ya, I drove 330km round trip to look at a 69 Swinger priced at $15,900.... has some small rust issues, I offered $15,000 cash and was turned down...he wants $15,600. I fickin drive that far to be turned away with $15,000 in cash...who only drops 300 bucks..I had a guy with a 74 340 Challenger drop from $25,000 to $17,000 over the phone....what has this world turned into ROTF
AL

Hey Buddy, You have to pull out the green and stuff it in their face! let them smell it,and to show you mean business!! lol.. Your Mopar will come,and it will be worth the wait and frustration I just hope it's not faster than mine! lol!! Just my 2 cents, you can tell me to pound salt if ya want!! lol.. Craig.

I drove 1600 miles to look at a car last month (non-Mopar classic). When I got there I found it was much rustier than expected. The owner seemed very knowledgeable about the car but got amnesia when it came to knowing about the rust in the typical places. On another note, a friend of a friend came back for the second time after looking at my Valiant. He had asked me what "I had to get out of it". He came back with 75% of the money in cash and thought I would drop my drawers at the sight of the wad. :rolleyes: I guess its all just part of the hobby.

-
Back