Carson Palmer is a RAIDER..!

-
As a Bengals fan, you're welcome to him.
He's hurt, been hurt for a several years. I'll give him this though, he's really good at thinking quick, he won't publicly bad mouth anyone and he's a good leader.
The Bengals could use 2 first round picks and Andy Dalton is doing a great job here.

Patiently waiting for his first outbreak of PMS! :)

Raiders gave up too much for him. Maybe he'll work out, I have my doubts.

I used to love the Raidahs when they had Rich Gannon. It's been hard to follow them since. This is just what they need - a good quarterback AND a leader. Might have to be a Raidah fan again!

Bengals fans are in Denial its ok.. Palmer threw for 4000 passing yards and 26tds last year. Thats more than Campbell or any raider QB has had since Gannon. Ya 1st round and a conditional 2nd might be much, but o well. Look what happened when people though Brees was done, SB in NO....

plus how many 1st round picks for the raiders have panned out? So when you look at it, doesnt really matter because raiders good and great picks are in the late rounds Ford, Moore etc

The Raiders are still benefitting from the Jon Gruden deal 10 years ago. The one where they got all of our top draft pics for 3 years and 8 million to boot. :violent1: It toook us 5 years to recover from that move(starting in 2007). At least we won the SB that year.:prayer:

..plus how many 1st round picks for the raiders have panned out? So when you look at it, doesnt really matter because raiders good and great picks are in the late rounds Ford, Moore etc

Exactly, 1st round picks have very little value to the Raiders since they do not get ROI out of those picks until 3 or 4 years down the road. The team is built to win now.

Also, if you truly believe that Palmer is a franchise QB, then two 1st rounders sounds about right. The Bears gave up at least that for Cutler a few years ago.

The question for the Raiders will be about ROI. Palmer is clearly an upgrade and can function well in the Raiders offense that will protect him with a good running game. However, palmer is also 32 years old. The Raiders will need to get at least 3 or 4 good years out of Palmer in order to offset the loss of their next two 1st round picks.

Exactly, 1st round picks have very little value to the Raiders since they do not get ROI out of those picks until 3 or 4 years down the road. The team is built to win now.

Also, if you truly believe that Palmer is a franchise QB, then two 1st rounders sounds about right. The Bears gave up at least that for Cutler a few years ago.

The question for the Raiders will be about ROI. Palmer is clearly an upgrade and can function well in the Raiders offense that will protect him with a good running game. However, palmer is also 32 years old. The Raiders will need to get at least 3 or 4 good years out of Palmer in order to offset the loss of their next two 1st round picks.

Gannon was 34 when he came. Mike vick is 31, Peyton 34, Brees 31, Brady 33, Romo 30, Eli 29, Ben 28

Gannon was 34 when he came. Mike vick is 31, Peyton 34, Brees 31, Brady 33, Romo 30, Eli 29, Ben 28

Brad Johnson was 33 when he won it all here. People said he was done. Palmer wont hurt them thats for sure, they have a solid run game some decent receivers. I do know he is hated in Cinci.

Brad Johnson was 33 when he won it all here. People said he was done. Palmer wont hurt them thats for sure, they have a solid run game some decent receivers. I do know he is hated in Cinci.

Brad didnt win the game... The D won the game 5 picks? 3 tds on D? Really? You can not say Gruden did not know everything they were going to do lol... They even have tape of a player saying, they did it just like we practiced

Outside of Gannon and Vick, these other QB's already paid dividends to their current teams. Plus, none of the teams with the QB's mentioned above had to give up two 1st round picks, which means there is more pressure for Palmer to succeed.

The thing that Raiders' fans have in their favor is that QB's tend to have a shelf life into their mid-30's without performance drop off. That is not a guarantee either, but Raiders NEED to have Palmer succeed for the next few years, otherwise, he won't be worth the investment.

Brad didnt win the game... The D won the game 5 picks? 3 tds on D? Really? You can not say Gruden did not know everything they were going to do lol... They even have tape of a player saying, they did it just like we practiced

We had the same defense for three years prior to that SB year. I agree defense was our strong suit but Brad got us over the top by NOT LOOSING games. The SB was just the gravy to a great season. I see you are one of the doubters. Im not saying Brad was a HOF qb but he did his job and was rewarded in the end. GIVE THE BUCS THIER CREDIT-OFFENSE, DEFENSE, SPECIAL TEAMS and COACHING. The year Brady went 17-1 is a great example, probably the best QB in history and he looses the one that matters. C'MON! Stop being a hater and give Brad some credit. I also get tired of people saying its was Dungys team. Tony had every chance to win it all, same team but he was starting Shawn King who is all of 5' 9". Brad comes in and does it in his first season. And you dont think he had anything to do with it? C'MON. You need to follow the Bucs to understand.

Sorry for the rant but it take s a complete team to win it all, and every player on the roster that season WON that game. And the player your refering to is Rhonde Barber.

-
Back