carter 2 bbl - new carbs on feebay??

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
anyone with experience with these. no doubt china knockoff of the original carter 2 bbl ''' $87 shipped. cheap. just wondering!!!

What I'm wondering is why anyone would want reproduce that thing to begin with?:lol:
I think it's a horrible thing even from Carter.
I mean, yea it worked.
But still.

I bought one for my slant six, since I already had the 2bbl manifold. It worked great out of the box. I don't think I bought the cheapest one -- I compared the various ads and bought one that seemed to have the best warranty and shipping. I think it was more like $105. This was after rebuilding and struggling with a smog-era BBD that turned out to be hopelessly gunked up. I'd say compared to the price of a rebuild kit and your time, they are a good deal.

What I'm wondering is why anyone would want reproduce that thing to begin with?:lol:
I think it's a horrible thing even from Carter.
I mean, yea it worked.
But still.
going on slant even though the number for the carb application is for 318, only difference should be layout of choke. I will use manual cable anyway.
yes for slant and I have no desire to add setup for small 4 bbl. there are plenty of repop edelbrocks , maybe they decided they could sell some new 2 bbls!!?? anyway..

I actually found the correct choke pulloff for the slant six 2bbl manifold, and it works fine.

I actually found the correct choke pulloff for the slant six 2bbl manifold, and it works fine.

I have seen them, usually pretty expensive. if these carb of feebay is for 318 the choke is setup wrong for the manifold thermostate.

-
Back