Carter 750?

-

csx452

Reaction score
Did Carter make a 750 carb for the 340? If so, what was the model number?
Thanks,
Frank

I don't beileve so, I beileve they all got the 630 AFB/AVS carbs.
Are you looking for a 750 AVS?
Manual or auto?

YES! and later years went to a bigger primary carb.
Skip the first year T-Q though.

I don't beileve so, I beileve they all got the 630 AFB/AVS carbs.
Are you looking for a 750 AVS?
Manual or auto?

I'd love to have a 750 AVS. My car is a 360 automatic. I only have it for a couple of months. Not sure what cam is in it but it was setup for NOS at one time. The line is still there and the bottle holder. It has a 750 Holley dual feed double pumper on it now but no choke. It's a bear to start. I was always partial to Carters though.

Wasn't there a 750 CFM 9000 series AFB. A 9736 perhaps? Never factory installed.

Yes, kind of. The 6 I think refurs to an emmissions carb. Reguardless. You could get a 750 Carter AFB with Mopar linkage. I have 1 myself.
Now, you can only get them with Chevy linkage.

I don't recall Carter ever putting out a comp. 750 AVS or any AVS in a aftermarket series. A T-Q? Yes.

Weren`t the 440 AVS`s 725 or 750cfm? One of the first mods a lot of guys would do to their 68/69 340`s was to swap out the 340 AVS for a 440 AVS.

Weren`t the 440 AVS`s 725 or 750cfm? One of the first mods a lot of guys would do to their 68/69 340`s was to swap out the 340 AVS for a 440 AVS.

I'm sure 440hp engines were 750's. Not sure about the std. 440's. You can identify them real easy cause the 750's had all 4 barrels the same size where the smaller carb has smaller primaries.

I'm sure 440hp engines were 750's. Not sure about the std. 440's. You can identify them real easy cause the 750's had all 4 barrels the same size where the smaller carb has smaller primaries.

I've done some research on the AVS at Mopar Muscles website and find that Carter didn't give an air rating to their AVS carbs. There were 2 different ones though. The smaller ones were on the 340s and 383s and the larger ones were on the 440s. I still haven't found out what the part numbers were though. According to Mopar Muscle the 440 carbs were the equivalent to a 750cfm carb. Does anyone know the part number for the 440 AVS?

their were all kinds of numbers, i think they were rated 625 & 725cfm but the actual flow was a bit lower more like a real world 570 & 675 cfm, some 440's had the smaller primary so they would be the 625 cfm. http://www.mopar1.us/moparcarblist.html

I knew I'd seen a website with the list numbers and sizes but couldn't remember where. Good job Mike. I just wish I knew what their codes mean?? I have a 4966 that shows to be off a 71 440 and it has "A-120" listed along with the year. Don't know what they mean by that. It has the small primaries so apparently it's a 625 cfm.

their were all kinds of numbers, i think they were rated 625 & 725cfm but the actual flow was a bit lower more like a real world 570 & 675 cfm, some 440's had the smaller primary so they would be the 625 cfm. http://www.mopar1.us/moparcarblist.html

That's a great list but it doesn't say what cfm the carbs are. It does get me closer though. It gives me an avenue of research to explore.
Thanks a bunch,
Frank

As per the old Carter tech line the Carbs are rated at 630 and 750 cfm. Real world flow being lower is something I never heard of or seen tested.

The sheer amount of numbers available for a AVS carb is large, very large.
The Federal Mougal catolog I have list 22 for Chrysler, 57 for Dodges, 37 for Plymouths, & LOL, 2 for a Chevy.

For the most part, figure on measuring the size of the venturi's.
The difference in manual and auto carbs is manuals are richer in jetting/rods.

Just pick one up!

To compare apples with apples on carb flow ratings, one must know at what level of depression (inches Hg) were they measured. There really is no standard.

-
Back