Carter bbs comversion

-

dmopar74

Reaction score
73 duster 225 with Holley 1920. Is the bbs a bolt on conversion or will I have to change any linkages etc?

Post up some photos of what you have.

I'm aware of the fuel line change needed but concerned about throttle and lockdown as I don't have a Carter here to compare too.

IMG_20240127_132316044_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240127_132347534_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240127_132425683_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240127_132450363_HDR.jpg

73 duster 225 with Holley 1920. Is the bbs a bolt on conversion or will I have to change any linkages etc?
Depends on the Donor Year/List#. Get a '67 and up & the fuel line is the only real mechanical You should have to change. Calibration/Emissions package would be the other variables, but a better carb for sure, just be sure to get a good look at the flange where the top & main-body meet for excessive distortion.

Choke, throttle, air cleaner are all 1:1 hookup. The BBS won't have a venturi vacuum tap to run your EGR system, so if you haven't already disabled it, you will be now. Good opportunity to do the Fuel line mod, and—if you haven't already—bypass the OSAC valve on the RH side of the firewall by running the vacuum hose directly from carburetor to distributor.

Make sure you use the correct, 5/16" thick up-to-'72 type carb base gasket.

Choke, throttle, air cleaner are all 1:1 hookup. The BBS won't have a venturi vacuum tap to run your EGR system, so if you haven't already disabled it, you will be now. Good opportunity to do the Fuel line mod, and—if you haven't already—bypass the OSAC valve on the RH side of the firewall by running the vacuum hose directly from carburetor to distributor.

Can I leave the egr valve in the exhaust manifold and just have no vacuum hose hooked to it? Already deleted the osac valve.

This is my Carter set up before I rebuilt it, if yours needs rebuilding before you install it, I recommend a rebuild kit from Mike's Carbs out of WA state, great kit, lots of parts and great instructions and spec sheets

If you need better linkage pics, just lmk Thanks

IMG_0401.jpg

This is my Carter set up before I rebuilt it, if yours needs rebuilding before you install it, I recommend a rebuild kit from Mike's Carbs out of WA state, great kit, lots of parts and great instructions and spec sheets

If you need better linkage pics, just lmk Thanks

View attachment 1716201034
BBS, not BBD, the OP is staying single bbl.

I have been seeing more Carter YF one barrels available lately than BBS. I know, not "stock" for a /6 but I'm wondering how one of those might work for a stockish /6?

hi dan want to purchase some of your turn signal switches please advise how/contact info pm me please

Can I leave the egr valve in the exhaust manifold and just have no vacuum hose hooked to it? Already deleted the osac valve.
No. Because it's not in the exhaust manifold. It's in the intake manifold.

-
Back