Cast Iron 833 Weight

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea of the weight of a 65 cast iron B & T 833 dressed with shift rods, shifter and Hurst shifter? How about the cast iron bellhousing with splash shields. My dinky little scale would never handle the weight.

About the weight of a 225 crankshaft +/-.
85 or so. More with a long tail.

Fully loaded, 150lbs+/-

Last edited:
What’s B&T ?

I weighed an A833 with an A body tail shaft and it was 115lbs which included 5-10 pounds for crating

What’s B&T ?

I weighed an A833 with an A body tail shaft and it was 115lbs which included 5-10 pounds for crating

Ball & Trunion. Early style with the flange on the output shaft.

B&T is secret code known only to slant six and hemi superstock aficionados. The first rule of B&T is “You dont talk about B&T”. Second rule is “Never count someone else’s splines”.
I’ve already said too much.

Seemed to me that an 18 spline B/ E body box was north of 110 some

What’s B&T ?

Thinking the same thing.
What's a B & T ?

Think i figured it out.
Must be a miss type.
B & E transmission.

Last edited:
B&T see post #6 above.

Ball & Trunion. Early style with the flange on the output shaft.

Ok, you got me.
Didn't see #6 as i use the ignore feature.
Had to click on that posting, #6, to read it.
And in all these years on top of this planet Earth i never have seen the transmission abbreviated as a B & T, so that's why i didn't know.
Just didn't "click" in this old mans cranium. lol
Always have seen it written out, than i would have known, other than abbreviated.

From my experience, a 833 tranny weighs 112 lbs bare, put shifter and linkage on and I would guess 120lbs

-
Back