casting number?

-

mavrick

Reaction score
i have what i was told was a early hemi block that came from a boat.the casting number is 3153044 can anyone tell me what this motor is? thanks

Double check the casting number to be surew of it,is on the side of the blco on the drivers side and just below the deck and above the starter,check for any other serial nubers too.I have a complete listing of hemi casting numbers,Mrmopartech

I've double checked there are no numbers on the sides of the block. the casting number and the numbers 2 2 and letter e in the lifter valley

Is the distributor in the front or rear? There should be casting #s on it. Are these #s on the front? Could it be assembly date and engine seq.? 3153 on the 10,000 day calendar would be Mar. 16, 1970. Are they stamped #s? May be an "F" for 1970. "E" is for 1969. Let us know what you find out. Ray

the distributor is in the rear. i was told the motor came from a 62' graymarine boat i was told by a friend that it could be a 392 w/marine conversion kit on it

What you have is a 354 or a 392 hemi,if you have a pic of the motor that would help,and I will check the codes for them.Do the valve covers have two big bolts holding them gown,one at each end or six around the outside?Mrmopartech

two valve cover bolts i will try to post pics in the next couple days

-
Back