Cataract surgery...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
One of Ernies sewing buddies recently had it. What's entailed in it? Are you knocked out? Hope to hell it never have to have it...anything near my eyes freaks me out...while back Ernestina had Lasik. Was able to watch on a hi-def big screen...freaked me out...

Awake the whole time but all you see is a big bright light,been a while so I don't remember anything else..Wasn't really a problem for me and like you I don't like anything by my eyes. I have a problem putting eye drops in. I was unhappy with the results but not much I could do about it after the fact.

I freak out when the thought of someone cutting my eye open enters my mind. However... loved the surgery, couldnt wait for the 2nd surgery 7 years later. Get the IV. They said "are you ready Jim"? I said ok. They then said they were done, was I ready to go to recovery. Oh. That fast.

I freak out when the thought of someone cutting my eye open enters my mind. However... loved the surgery, couldnt wait for the 2nd surgery 7 years later. Get the IV. They said "are you ready Jim"? I said ok. They then said they were done, was I ready to go to recovery. Oh. That fast.

That sounds like Ernies Lasix. Took longer to dilate her eyes...because of how dark her eyes were they had a hard time seeing if they dilated enough. They were so dilated she had trouble going outside the next day. She was so happy the next day...she bought a pair of Revo sun glasses....non prescription.
I just had to have a full medical eye exam because of a med. Was damn near impossible not to blink for as long as I had to.

I was just wondering what it was like...thanks guys...

I've got 2 friends who have had it, one in his 60's and the other is in his early 70's. Both of them had the lenses added when they had the surgery done. Both of them can read stuff a hundred yards away that I can barely see! Damned bionic eyed old farts.....lol. :prayer:

Having had several family members have that done, I figure that is in my future. Most that I know of who had it done, were very happy with the results. I only can think of one person who had a problem.

I had both done, at different times. Happy with the results although I had to go back and have them tweek one with some laser. Am very sensitive to bright lights and sunshine but can drive and pass the drivers eye exam without glasses.

My understanding is "most" will need it at some point since it's a cloudy film over the lense of the eye.

Again was awake but not really aware of anything and didn't even have as bad of side effects as a regular eye exam.

Not cheap but worth it if you know the end result.

eye doc told me last visit, they will do it under social secuirity when it gets BAD enough. I wonder I me thinking the horse was the dashound other day constitutes bad enough!????LOL

-
Back