CB Radio Mount under dash?

-

Peini

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I would like to know what this mount located at the lower end of the dash at passenger side might be? I assume it is a mount for a CB radio but this is just a guess. I hope someone knows for sure. It is wired to the harness under the dash and definitely not from factory. It is deisgned in two parts. One is mounted to the dash, the second is inserted and also closes some contactors with the part mounted to the dash.
Sry for the bad explanation but english is not my first language.

Thanks in advance!
Best
Christian

20210319_223900.jpg
20210319_223906.jpg

It is possible that a CB radio was mounted to this bracket, but it was more common that a tape player was mounted to it. This was a very common bracket to mount these things "back in the day".

Hi guys,
I would like to know what this mount located at the lower end of the dash at passenger side might be? I assume it is a mount for a CB radio but this is just a guess. I hope someone knows for sure. It is wired to the harness under the dash and definitely not from factory. It is deisgned in two parts. One is mounted to the dash, the second is inserted and also closes some contactors with the part mounted to the dash.
Sry for the bad explanation but english is not my first language.

Thanks in advance!
Best
Christian

View attachment 1715713034 View attachment 1715713035
That is slide mount anti theft bracket from back in the day so you could take your stereo out of your vehicle so it wouldn’t be stolen. Pull out on the bottom part and you will see how it works.

Last edited:
I had the exact same slide mount in my dart back in 1976. The cb was mounted to the lower portion and then you could slide it out for safe keeping. Actually had a cb stollen out of my 63 econoline while I was at work. The slide mount made the job super easy for the thief.

Thank you guys very much for all your quick explanations. Now I get it!
Thanks!
Chris

BTW if it is a CB radio version there should be a connector that the coax attaches to in the back.
Screenshot_20210324-124033.png

Screenshot_20210324-124133.png

lotta trucking companys use to have these so drivers could use there own cb's in any truck thay had....

I’ve been thinking about getting a CB radio in my “Day 2” Duster my, retired trucker, Dad says there isn’t much anything there except construction companies and taxi companies.
I guess I was hoping for more Hazard County kinda stuff.

-
Back