Ceiling White Paint REALLY Works!

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing in another thread @slantsixdan talkin about painting the inside of light fixtures like tail lights and turn signal housings with ceiling white paint. I just happen to have a quart of ceiling white paint, because I'm working on the house. I've been doing some work on one of my lawn mowers and decided to try it. Now keep in mind, these are "only" standard el cheapo 1156 bulbs. I am absolutely floored. I'll probably never mow in the dark, but I sure could now. I just like everything to work as good as it can. Check it out. Vixen and Gladys are next. Thanks, Dan!
DSCF2981.JPG
DSCF2979.JPG

Last edited:
Yupper. Not for optical-type lamps where you need a specular/mirrorlike reflector to form the beam, but the 'headlamps' on a mower are really more like back-up lights on a car. The dude in this movie takes awhile to get to the point, but he eventually (3:24) he starts to get around to it, and the difference is pretty obvious even with a low-quality camera. And he just used regular white, not ceiling white; regular white looks dishwater-grey next to ceiling white.

Who're Vixen and Gladys?

Who're Vixen and Gladys?
I'm almost insulted. Vixen is my 64 Valiant 2 door seeedan with a hot slant six and Gladys is my 75 Ford F250HD. I thought for sure they were both world renowned. lol

Oh! So not the same Gladys I pray to in traffic ("Gladys, Gladys, full of grace; grant to me a parking space"), then.

-
Back