cell phones

-
assinine statement.if you had kids youd understand. both parents work,gotta get ahold of the kid to let her know who,s picking her up. and i like to be in touch with my kids.I like kids.
i have 2 kids and both do not have cell phones they wanted 1 for xmas and they were told no

if you had kids youd understand. both parents work,gotta get ahold of the kid to let her know who,s picking her up. and i like to be in touch with my kids.I like kids.

That is total BS. I had 2 parents that both worked, I had no phone and got myself ready to goto school and took care of myself after by the 3rd grade. Americans are just turning into scared pussies that can't take care of them selfs and cry every time they get a paper cut.

I have one minimal use,pictures,vids.Come,s in handy sometimes,I,m just use to haveing one now.Longtime customer of Ma Bell,so I get a good deal.

I had one for work. I'll never get one. There is really no reason to get one. I actually HATE them. When I see these people with those damn ear pieces on and are constantly using their phones, I get pissed off. Why are people so damn lazy these days? I can understand someone having one for emergencies. But that is all.

Hey if I didnt have my phone I wouldnt be able to get some of the pics of cars that I have!

Well...I have one...my wife has one...my 13 year old daughter has one...my dad has one...

you needs to be a HUGE SOB to try and kick me in the nads...good luck with that...

Wife's is for emergency only. Mine work related...on call 365/24/7.
Dad's free long distance.

Daughters...texting fool! over 8500 text incoming and outgoing last month! Yeah...nuts! I promised her a phone if she got all "A's"...she worked hard and earned it!

I know where my kids are without it...never had growing up...I called home and talk to my parents...I'm going here Mom!....I'm coming home Mom! Easy.

Aloha!

That is total BS. I had 2 parents that both worked, I had no phone and got myself ready to goto school and took care of myself after by the 3rd grade. Americans are just turning into scared pussies that can't take care of them selfs and cry every time they get a paper cut.

but you werent a cute little girl.

If you wrap a couple of layers of duct tape around them they will fit in a clay bird trap well enough to give you about a 25 yard shot. Other than that they are just another source of irritation.

I finally gave in and got one 3 years ago. It really helps with making connections with people while I'm out and about. A lot of the features are useful- camera, 'notepad,' alarm, calendar for appointments.

The problem comes when people use their phones in ways that are obnoxious, inconsiderate, foolish, and excessive. If I don't want to be disturbed I can turn it off or just not answer.

you needs to be a HUGE SOB to try and kick me in the nads...good luck with that...

I'll bring the bottle of Jack and we will make a night of it!

Daughters...texting fool! over 8500 text incoming and outgoing last month! Yeah...nuts!

Because all 12 year olds have very important things to say 8500 times a month..."Daddy my hands and thumbs hurt all the time it's weird" "We will get them looked at after your eye appointment honey."

The problem comes when people use their phones in ways that are obnoxious, inconsiderate, foolish, and excessive. If I don't want to be disturbed I can turn it off or just not answer.

Last time we went to the movies I ended up punching a guy because he was talking on his phone right next to us and wouldn't hang up. I have grabbed peoples phones hung them up, thrown them across the theater or had them kicked out of the theater by management.
We only goto the drive in or rent movies now.

How did I know JR would get a hold of this thread.

Yep I got one but I could live with out it. It is nice to have but I find that since it has been busted 4 the last 8 months I don't really need it. I guess it's nice to know if something happens I have one more chance at calling JR to come get me. Maybe I should just put one of my CB's back in my car...

Last time we went to the movies I ended up punching a guy because he was talking on his phone right next to us and wouldn't hang up. I have grabbed peoples phones hung them up, thrown them across the theater or had them kicked out of the theater by management.
We only goto the drive in or rent movies now.

Society has to learn how tho use them properly and politely. With all respect, JR, you'd be in jail if you did that to me. (Though I'd never use it in a theater, that's ridiculous.) Two wrongs make a right?

I'm sure when telephones came into use, the same kind of thinking resulted: "I've lived this long w/o one; They're a pain", yadda, yadda.

They have a "power" button on them. YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF IT, not vice-versa! LOL! It's the same damned thing as the one that's wired to your house, except, get this: It's MORE USEFUL!

You guys have refrigerators, electric lights and COLOR tv yet?
:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

I use one all the time, quick and easy method to reach friends and bails me out when I'm in a bind!

I have a sign that stays in the car..... for all those people that have a board meeting while driving in the left lane.

" HANG THE F*#%NG PHONE UP AND DRIVE! "

It is amazing how some people will carry on a conversation and not realize that all that traffic is whizzing by them for a reason. I actually had the opprotunity to tap on one guys window to tell him to hang up and look in his mirror. I was on my bike and he was running 45 in the left lane of I-95. Shoulda seen the look on his face.

I have a sign that stays in the car..... for all those people that have a board meeting while driving in the left lane.

" HANG THE F*#%NG PHONE UP AND DRIVE! "

It is amazing how some people will carry on a conversation and not realize that all that traffic is whizzing by them for a reason. I actually had the opprotunity to tap on one guys window to tell him to hang up and look in his mirror. I was on my bike and he was running 45 in the left lane of I-95. Shoulda seen the look on his face.

I agree with this, I HATE PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THE PHONE AND DRIVE! Nothing pisses me off more! There's a time and a place, the car isn't one of them!!!

I have one :bootysha: I like leaving it at home when I go anywhere :cheers: It makes me feel free:cheers:
I was the last one in the family to have one, I agree with J.R.:read2:
I tell my wife and kids that if they are not bleeding or a bone is busted don't call just to say hello and I will knot answer my phone in the car or if I have company. IT can wait :angry7:. I hate to say this :snakeman: But It seems like if a friend is at my house and there phone rings more then two times and it's there wife or girl friend:angry7: I feel like they should get off the hill and take care of the women that has to ask How much gas should I put in the car, I will be home soon, What do you want for dinner, How was your day, ext :thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:
This drive me nuts, Its like she don't want him out of there site.
If he reads this he will know who I am talking about.
I know it's good to have them for emergencies But I don't think If I am visiting someone its not an emergency to just call some one while they know he or she is visiting some one and call and ask did they feed the fish.:bootysha:

The wife got me one about 5 years ago. I'm not a talk on the phone kind of guy. I worked for this chick who couldn't use the bathroom with out her phone attached to her head...How rude... If I was talking to someone and heard a toilet flush.......click.

People that think there kids deserve cells and the ability to text are crazy. I dont care how many A's they get.

I have one and my 9 year old son dose also. Before you go kicking me in the balls I will tell the reason. My ex and I got divorced last fall. She gets our son on some weekends. She lives a crazy *** life. I got my son a phone and he takes it there and it leaves it on him the whole weekend. I just never know with her. When he comes back home we turn it off and it stays on the counter untill his next visit to his moms. Now I will admit he dose use it to call his buddies when he is there.

The wife got me one about 5 years ago. I'm not a talk on the phone kind of guy. I worked for this chick who couldn't use the bathroom with out her phone attached to her head...How rude... If I was talking to someone and heard a toilet flush.......click.

People that think there kids deserve cells and the ability to text are crazy. I dont care how many A's they get.

yep :toothy10: I do agree, I had some one call me and I could hear the tinkle going on and I just hang up, I can't believe what some people do :angry7:

I have one and my 9 year old son dose also. Before you go kicking me in the balls I will tell the reason. My ex and I got divorced last fall. She gets our son on some weekends. She lives a crazy *** life. I got my son a phone and he takes it there and it leaves it on him the whole weekend. I just never know with her. When he comes back home we turn it off and it stays on the counter untill his next visit to his moms. Now I will admit he dose use it to call his buddies when he is there.

Job well dun Dad :cheers:

-
Back