Census workers

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I will be a full fledged census worker. If you see a strange car in the driveway or a stranger at your door, don't shoot!! We are a friendly bunch and just out to do our jobs. Most likely you will never know we were there but just in case....:read2:

Don't shoot? Well thats no fun at all. LOL J/K Good to here you got your self a job in such bad times..

There is some email floating around not to answer the door and if you do get caught then BE VERY CAREFUL WITH YOUR ANSWERS!

I'm just stating what I have read that's all.

By the way if someone refuses to take the census what happens then?

What are the questions that will be asked? Can't be caught unprepared!

But I know with all the home invasions going on around here I wouldn't stick my neck out that far to do the job. Everyone is on high alert! Be careful out there bro! Oh my dog won't bite until you start to leave... he's trained like that.

We are just verifying addresses for the census to be mailed next year. Only need to talk to you if we can't read your address, missing house number or what not. Other than that just want to let people know we are out front doing our jobs and not stalking the place. No reason to ever ask to step inside. Actual census will be mailed to you next year and that's when the counting questions will be asked. Just so everyone knows, all census information is protected by law and doesn't get released to the national archives for 72 years.

You guys do a pretty important job. I would think that they would issue some Goverment Green plates though, so we know who you are?

If I were you carry DOg biscuits...No kidding.....all dogs bite i don't care what anybody says......I have 2 German shepherds that don't bite.. :D

what do you do when you come up to a house and they say only two people stay there but there is a yard full of cars and a million kids running around...AND you know they're lyin to your face..?

We are not doing the counting in this phase. It is only to update addresses and mapping. You will get the census questions in the mail from the list we are creating now. You will simply be asked what the house address is and if any other apartments are on the property. That's basically it. Short and simple.

next you,ll want to know where my guns are. i take the 5th. i do not trust the government anymore. period.

I totally agree with daredevil, I really have NEVER trusted the government. And It has been proved to me over and over again that I should not ever trust the government. I'm not an activist or anything, but our government is totally un-trustworthy. PERIOD!!!!

O M G I have to go to court!!!!! my DAWG devoured a census worker!!!! I'm In deep Doo Doo then she was caught hanging out with a nasty reptile when an investigator came later in the day I am so screwed

dawgeengator.JPG

Boy is this a tough room to work. Can't a guy just try and earn some extra money? :axe: I plan on spending it on mopar parts if that helps any!

Good luck on your new job. I'm sure 99% of the people you meet will be fine. There are always a few paranoids who won't want to participate, but just do your job and you'll do fine. In the past I haved worked for the state fish and game department at hunter game check stations. Most folks were very cheerful and understood what we were doing. There were some obvious liers and a few a'holes who gave us a hard time but you could tell that they were probably that way all the time and just don't play well with others. Most folks who don't have anything to hide should be just fine.

There are Crazies fer' sure.............They're OUT there.

BE CAREFUL.......this is NOT a great time in our nation's history to be knockin' on doors. :salute:

-
Back