center carpet kit fit?

-

Steven190

Reaction score
Just got a center console carpet kit for the 72 Duster. How does it fit?
I tried for an half an hour in all directions to make it fit. I am at a lost as to how it goes.
Does someone have a picture of the carpet on the console? Here is what I got

center console carpet.jpg

lable.jpg

Bottom edge in picture (top)
Right end in picture (front)

Alan

Thanks. that kinda fits, the carpet kit was ill fitting too. more work needed to making it look good.

Mine fit fine, originals were not that great, mine match the original pretty close.

Alan

I know I'm a little late to the party on this one but just want to add my two cents. I'm right now trying to install my console carpet which I bought years ago probably around the same time this was posted. A little too late to be complaining to Dante's because they don't manufacture it and not really worth my time. I agree my carpet fit rough also but I accepted that with all the humps and dips that had to be shaped in during Manufacturing but this is ridiculous. Hot garbage at best. Mine is probably worse than yours, Steven, if only because you at least have the dip on the driver side like on the passenger side. Mine will need to be cut into it and I hope that the surplus of material is there. Also, where it wraps around the rear of the console it's going to be a big Buckle no matter what so it will have to either be split or cut into a V so it stays attached but will likely have a pretty obvious seam. Some might think I'm being picky but I think not. All I know is if I produced this (and it's not rocket science) it would fit like a glove with just a little bit of extra effort. PS, the symbol on the bag is hysterical.

20231208_122444.jpg

20231208_123314.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back