Center hole size compatibility SBP/BBP

-
Reaction score
Suppose you knock all five lug studs out of a '73-up disc brake rotor (w/4.5" bolt circle). Does a '72-down wheel (w/4" bolt circle) then fit properly over the '73-up rotor? Or is the hub "snout" bigger on the '73-up rotor hub and it won't fit thru the '72-down wheel? Seems like I used to know this, but not'ny more!

Thanks, Dave. I don't have any early parts to measure nearby…can anyone else come up with a figure?

Some clicking around on Rockauto came up with '73 rotor assy.............

Attachments

• regsize.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 278
Yes, thanks, but the unanswered part of the question remaining unanswered is the central hole/register size of the pre-1973 wheels.

cant believe I'd answer a question for Dan but here goes. No, the center register is much smaller on the early hub/wheel. ( I was thinking of this way back when I had the 64 dart with the late style brakes but found that it would not work, I wanted to use the old wheels and just redrill for bolt pattern). Don't know the actual size of the early register but I could scrounge up an early hub (hope I didn't toss 'em). By the way, sold the car with the 2 different size bolt patterns, large in front, small in rear, haha.

-
Back