center link fit?

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was reading an old post where someone installed there centerlink backward in their 66 Dart and caused binding. I am installing a V8 centerlink in my /6 (soon to be V8 66 Dart). Does someone have a pic of the correct install. Or can you explain which side is which. I didn't realize the 2 sides were that much different till I read this and then looked at my new V8 one.

Sorry to bring an old post from the dead, but I am having problems with my "Dropped" Link hitting my oilpan, perhaps this is what my problem is? Anone have any input?

Are you sure you have the early a centerlink? 63-66 specific only? I have one installed on my 63 dart and can post some pics in the morning if needed. I'm at work till 7am:(:(

I would love some pic's of the whole steering set up including tie rod end orientation, to make sure everything is in right!

My mechanic thinks the centerlink may be backwards!

The early v8 oilpan also has an extra bit of clearance compared to the later style. It has a extra notch on the sides of the belly part of the pan. I'll dig out my 64 273 pan that I have and take a pic when I get a chance.

If the inner tie rod studs are facing the rear of the car then its on right. also the measurment for an early centerlink should be 17 1/2 inches from center to center on the two inner holes.

Here is a picture -- of a k frame with mounts still attached-- not pretty but should help with a visual. The greasey "k" is from a 66 dart.Lawrence

Just what camd64 said. I believe the holes are tapered and the tie rod ends only mate one way. If you still need more pics let me know.

-
Back