centerline wheels how to clean and polish

-

tstucker10

Reaction score
Hi im having some problems with my wheels as far as polishing because I know I see the wheels on a lot of cars and they have a mirror finish and look amazing then I look at my wheels and don't care much for them. my main problem is polishing near the little studs that go around the wheel. so basically I was wanting to know if anyone has a good way to polish these wheels and what they use.

the best way ive found is to start sanding with 600 (depending on what your wheels look like) then move up to 800 and continue to 1200-1500 then wax but that does nothing around the studs
:banghead:

Attachments

• my centerline.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 799
I had read about that stuff but it started raining while I was working on them so I stopped for today but I think I'm gonna get some tomorrow

I have used Eagle One "never dull" and then follow up with White Diamond metal polish. It took me quite a few hours to get them to have a high gloss finish but well worth my time. As far as around the bolts, it took awhile but got them clean.

I used Mothers Mag and Aluminum Wheel Polish with a Powerball attachment to get mine shinning with a mirror finish.

I have the cragar super tricks ( pretty much the same thing except bolted not riveted )
Much like you i wet sanded then polished with a mothers metal polish meguirs ( spelled wrong im sure ) has one to. I used a wool pad on my buffer ( far away from everything as it makes a Big Mess ) worked a lot quicker than the hand drill buff wheel i tried before.

The sanding is the only part that's annoying but until I get the money for a big bolt pattern upgrade and weld prostars I believe. I want to make these look better

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 535
-
Back