chain

-
I've had to reinforce a few of theirs. The B and E desgins are total crap.

If you are going to use a chain,i would use fender washers on the bolts.

Back in the day... I had a chain attached to the block. Never broke a motor mount ever again. 1972 Charger SE 360.

Thanks dart and that what my dad told me he said the heads good for now but we will see what happens if it works then it will stay or we might move into the block one day

A "torque chain" is old school!
I ran a chain in my old Vette for years until I put a Moroso solid mount on the driver's side.
Nothin wrong with a chain. Thats a trick from the 60's.

Bushed strut rod,or turnbuckle to take up slack on chain would bee less billybob.What you have is totally useless and stupid,hope this is a joke,cause it is.

how did you break both of your solid mounts?
Yeah, really! I think the loose chain, screwed into expensive aluminum and no washers on the bolts says a lot about how solid mounts could have been broken.

Bignasty123, I know you didn't expect these responses to your thread, but the overwhelming theme is obvious: If you really think you need a chain on your solidly mounted motor, at least admit that it should be done right. No problem with learning, I do it as much as I can.

Enchain is temp until I find a better spot on the block and all bolts have washers on them and it is rigged but that's how we get over here. It's all good just wantedtomsee what people say I'll move that **** one day I'm just getting it back up and running today so that priority and the chain is just because I want to break it in and test drive without worrieing about that motor jumping around..but that's for all ur help always looking to learn

-
Back