challenger not coming!!!

-

pagilman

Reaction score
Are the 2008 challengers a figment of our imaginations? My local dealer told me they would take orders oct 07, but things are quiet. With their financial problems I don't think it will go, also car sales are very slow. They waited to long, too many mustangs already sold. What do you guys think? Walt:evil4:

I just read that there will only be like three or four months of '08 production and they will all be SRT-8s. I'll try to find the article again to give a direct quote and a citation for the magazine it came from.

lets face it they have spent too much time on it now not to do it. also i saw the new challenger in a commercial yesterday on tv during the cowboys viking game. if they weren't going to make it why have it in there at all. they could just have easily edited it out of it.

I'll be at SEMA next week. It will be interesting to see what Dodge brings with them this year.

AB7fh is correct the artical was on MSN's scrolling home page head lines. It has been stated that 2008 will only have srt8's and there will be a limited amount of them. In 09 they will offer all the models including the 6 cyl, and the hemis with an optional 6 speed trans on the 6.1 hemi

The big question is ... Who on here plans on getting one when they do come out ???? Man the way I see it is it will be the cheapest way to get a Hemi Challenger .... Its my only way of ever being able to afford one even at $ 35,000.....

I just read that there will only be like three or four months of '08 production and they will all be SRT-8s. I'll try to find the article again to give a direct quote and a citation for the magazine it came from.

OK you guys can all laugh, but what is an srt8?

I am waiting on the light weight race ready Hemi myself.:-$

Pictures of the "production" '08 Challenger are floating around the Web. It will come out in the spring as SRT8 automatics only. '09 will offer the other models like someone else said above. Get ready for some HUGE HUGE dealer mark ups during the first year (or more) until the hype dies down.

In March they will build 5500 SRT's only and in July they will build the V6, 5.7, and 6.1's.

Here are some shots of the production car, not concept, from LeftLane.com.
Notice the open grille, split tail lights, center back up light, and front and rear spoilers.

chal1.jpg

chal2.jpg

chal3.jpg

the 2008 is gonna be out in Feb at the auto show, the cars will be at the dealers in late March early April, will be mostly all SRTs. These are rear spoilered 6.1s all automatics are rumored. 2 cars were already auctioned off on E-bay for charity by Diodgem a 3rd will be at Barret Jackson in Jan. You cane get some infor on the Dodge web site, there has even been a glimpse again this pas weekend during several football game Dodge tv spots with the car in the ad for a split second.

Then in Late 2008 about when the next year cars start to come out in Aug-Sept time frame the 2009s will be out with more options. Like the performance version SRT8 which will have more power than the current Charger. I have even seen a proto type of the new 2009 Charger with a new grill, looks nicer too. Anyway...

Looks like for sure the 6.4 aka 392 should also arrive and maybe with a 6spd stick. This was in Vegas last year, the issues are emissions on this beast! They also plan on a low end v-6 model too.

Also a rummoerd 426 return on the new 6.1-6.4 stroked out platform is in the works, the parts are available so it is still a wait and see, but the 6.4 seems like a for sure option! Wish they would stop the tease and just do the 426 to stay on top with the new Camaro in 2009-2010?

I am bummed and was thinking since this us the 50 year aniversary of the 392that the car would have been out in limited numbers this October too, but with all the strikes, buyouts etc, there have been many bumps in the road but the car is at Brampton and still going forward. Funny they even added a B body style pillar why I guess a safety issue for strenght? Liked it better without the pillar, but anyway still like the car and it gives me another year to save some cash and since I wont be one of the 1st that has to have it I would have to pay the crazy dealer markuos for the 08s.

:salut:

Like memike, I'm holding out for the S/S version---I've been trying to sell my 2 cars now just to be sure I can afford it!:help:

OK you guys can all laugh, but what is an srt8?

SRT8 = SRT (Street and Racing Technology), 8 (8 cylinder engine)

Neon SRT4 (4 cylinder)
Crossfire SRT6 (6 cylinder)
Magnum, Charger, Cherokee, 300 and soon to be Challenger SRT8 (8 cylinder)
Viper and Ram SRT10 (10 Cylinder)

Chuck

If you look close the crosshair grill is still there, its just a darkly shadowed pic in that area. It doesnt look like an open grill to me, I guess we will just have to wait and see exactly what it is when better pics are out.

Like memike, I'm holding out for the S/S version---I've been trying to sell my 2 cars now just to be sure I can afford it!:help:

Amen !!!
Take it to the track and send them chebbies anf furds home early.:angel9:

I got my dodge magazine today. they still say its coming. and the pics above are the production challenger look at that thick b pillar. the concept cars front and rear window touched each other, the car above windows dont.

I got my dodge magazine today. they still say its coming. and the pics above are the production challenger look at that thick b pillar. the concept cars front and rear window touched each other, the car above windows dont.

That is because that it has a fixed quarter window where the concept was not.

If you look close the crosshair grill is still there, its just a darkly shadowed pic in that area. It doesnt look like an open grill to me, I guess we will just have to wait and see exactly what it is when better pics are out.

Here is are slightly better pics.

dodge_challenger_2008_12.jpg

dodge_challenger_2008_14.jpg

I recently saw a pic of the new charger, cant remember where , but they were going back to the 68-69 look (as much as they could), open grille and all. Cant remember where i saw it though.

I will be in line for the challanger. I love what they did. I will give it to ford though, with the new Mustangs body style, they are getting the new gen. back into the love of muscle cars.

Comming soon to a used car lot near you. LOL

I'm going to the SEMA Show specifically to try to get the straight scoop on the Challenger & its S/S version. My suspicions are it'll be out late next year, the S/S version the year after, and probably relatively high dollar. :sad5: Mopar SHOULD make some of the old high-impact colors available and you'll probably only be able to order it in certain "packaged" forms like Chevy did with the Camaro, but a local dealer here DID tell me individual options would be available, so we'll see:confused:. The S/S version, I could see as a primered only car with either the FI or carbed version of the 392 being the only option, other than that, everything else would be like ordering the old '68 S/S cars. I wonder how much support Mopar would offer this time around?

-
Back