Champion radiator

-
I also have a 20" 5 blade, shroud, and stock radiator off an 87 fifth ave. Believe it or not that radiator fits a 67 - 69 A body without any modification. I'm saving that setup for my kids 69 notch. Nice mod of a dodge truck fan shroud.

No, actually i have a fabo thread titled fan shroud questions. I needed some questions to make a shroud out of thin gauge steel sheet. I eventually searched the net, and found these how to pix, and a writeup on fiberglassing a shroud. I enclosed the link to it on my fan shroud thread. I will be going this direction.

Well it took all of 4 days to get the radiator from California to St. Louis. It was supposed to take 8. The Radiator and factory shroud bolted right in. I'm not home and my son did the work but I guess the Radiator was in pretty good shape, maybe just a few bent fins. It's a 408 that was running around 220 on an 80 degree day. Now it's staying at 180. Kinda sux though since we had a nice factory looking Spectra in there. Two rows just couldn't keep it cool.

image_zpsj7crwvr5.jpe

image_zpska21vxjh.jpe

image_zpsunnr3hla.jpe

image_zpsj7crwvr5.jpe

Last edited:
Here is what we have it in. Originally an LA 318 3 speed EV2 car. 4 speed 3.23 sure grip now. All new wiring and a front seat cover. We tore it apart and blasted the engine bay. I thought we'd do paint this winter but a new motor put an end to that. Need a left quarter lower patch, trunk and drop downs. It could just be painted the way that it is but someone did a lousy job of patching the DS lower quarter.

IMG_0331%201_zpsgoqwlxtq.jpg

I put the cc526 in my 68 Dart. I don't know why they mount the core so far back. They could easily mount it closer to the radiator support. I was going to try and use a Taurus fan but it wasn't even close. I'm using thicker billet pulleys so a clutch fan wouldn't even work. I've seen posts that showed the clutch rubbing the fins with only 1/2" clearance so I didn't want to chance it. I ended up making a shroud out of aluminum and it turned out nice. I also ended up buying some aluminum 1/4-20 rivnuts to replace the metric ones that came installed on the radiator.

Does it take a special lower rad hose? I've got the lower hose that Advance Auto says is correct for a 70 Dart. It looks too long to fit in my 68.(I'm using the 70+ water pump)

I went to Ford Contour fans on my 69..did not have enough room for a clutch fan..

I had the bottom hose nipple angled up to make it easier to connect on my GTS with 499"

Does it take a special lower rad hose? I've got the lower hose that Advance Auto says is correct for a 70 Dart. It looks too long to fit in my 68.(I'm using the 70+ water pump)
I bought the CC526 Champion radiator for my 68 Barracuda. I bought it with the flat aluminum shroud and the 16" electric fan. No way was it clearing the water pump pulley. I bought the Taurus electric fan assembly , no way it cleared. I wound up using the electric fan and mounting it straight to the radiator. I used the 70 and up pump and pulleys. When I ordered the upper and lower hoses from RockAuto for a 70-71 Dart 318, worked like a champ.

Great, thanks. I'll have to look at it a little closer and double check the hose part #s that I have.

-
Back