Change of heart on brand

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
A year and a half or so ago I bought a summit racing 600 carb, it showed up and I installed it and the electric choke wouldnt work on it and one of the brass inlets for the fuel was boogered up from the factory and poured fuel. so I sent it back in exchange for a new one. It soon arrived and I installed it....this time around fuel poured out of the actual body of the carb. so I boxed it back up and called summit and told them I just wanted a refund.....the customer service I got from the tech department was horrible....the guy was rude and sounded like it was a monday and he was hung over and didnt want to be at work and you could hear him eating over the phone....anyhow, after awhile I got it squared away and sent it back....I was fed up.

I had purchased from summit many times before and had great parts and service and always fast shipping but after all this I swore I was done with their line of carbs.

well, I decided I would give them another shot because I had heard good things from friends of mine that have the 750 summit carbs. They all had nothing but good to say about them. So I waited until I caught them on sale and decided to get the 750 electric choke with vac secondaries. as before the shipping was fast, I opened the box and there was my nice new carb,well packaged with heat molded foam in the box so it does NOT move during shipping. and in the box was also a $20 off voucher towards my next purchase AND 2 free tickets to the US131 dragway!... Thats not all....I installed the carb,all went smooth with the exception of one minor fuel leak that was the result of a fitting not being tight enough but was a quick fix. fired her up and the duster runs AWESOME!!!!!!

starts up great,awesome throttle response,accels through the rpms like crazy,great idle,choke works great....just great right out of the box....not to mention I can tune it in even more if I wanted to.

I have yet to drive the duster with it because I am in the middle of body work but I have had quite the assortment of carbs on the duster over the past few years (a few of which were also brand new....and worked good.....but I just felt that my engine had more in it and that the carbs were not letting it get to its full potential)and I can tell a huge difference in it from many aspects already,it really woke the engine up.

I just figured I would post this in case any one else may have had bad luck with them in the past or bad luck with the 600's ( not sure if it was a run of bad carbs or poor quality control or what.......this was also right around the time summit first started offering those carbs too....so they might have needed to perfect on some design aspects since then....I don't know.....I cant speak for the 600's as of today but i know the 750's atleast are nice)or is looking at getting a carb from them or whatever the case. I personally am happy with it this time around and am glad I gave them another try.

Remake of the old Holley 4010/4011 series.A person I know installed a 600 vac sec with choke on a early 289,runs great.

-
Back