Changes to My 71 Demon

-
Good luck at the races Tony! A day/night of just adding fuel,checking tire pressures and turning the key would make for a good day out.:D

Flash Flood Watch in effect from late Saturday night through Monday evening.

wait two months for racing to start back up and the dam monsoons show up....have to wait and see...

Gotta love Monsoon Season....Used to be a lot of fun when I commuted on a motorcycle...

Well...I pushed the 71 Dart out my garage...wash it....just as I get it dried off...Rain....Rain...

so I fire it up drive back into garage...dry it off...wait a few...push back out of garage ...onto trailer...not raining at this moment...but the sky does not look good...

towed it over to "our staging area".....waiting for 3 pm to load the other cars....just wait and see.

I watched abit of U-Stream live lastnight and got to see Tanya make her first pass(10.64@123mph):thumblef:.I waited to see you race Tony,but fell asleep.Hope things went well.

Well...you did not miss anything....We got Dart loaded on trailer...then loaded Duster on trailer...went to start my motorhome...would not start...ate another ballast resistor...did not have another one....so we hauled the two cars to the track...I came back to get my demon as we are only 5 miles from the track...

flipped on master switch got in car...everything dead...I had just charged batteries earlier in the week...the voltage regulator on the one wire alternator shorted out and killed the both batteries....Next project is an on off switch to kill that wire went not in use...

Then..i get back to the track....71 Duster is making a funny noise.....sounded like a rocker/pushrod...pulled valve covers ...nothing wrong...all rockers tight...all pushrods going up and down......start car again....sound coming out of right side of motor....we decided not to run the car...

and then next problem...tonya dart was blowing fuse on fan....fan motor fried...we take fan from Duster and put on Dart.....

I think the Duster got a rod bearing making noise.....will find out on Monday...

Battteriers being charged on Demon as i write...they were dead...dead...

Bummer......when it rains it pours......no pun intended....

Demon ran 11.14 @ 118+ ...and then a 11.13 @ 117 into stiff head wind...

really humid....engine sound flat going down track...

we never got called to lanes for eliminations due to weather getting worst....try to run both races tomorrow night...but weather forecast is the same...

thunderstorms..

94 TO 97

CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS 50 PERCENT.

won the first round on Sunday race.... .015 light...11.10 dial...ran a 11.095...broke out by .005 but the dragster broke out more...

round 2.... redlight -,007

saturday nights race which was run after sunday finals...LOL

1st round... .014 light....dial 11.09 run 11.102....

dragster .011 light....dial 8.34 runs 8.349.....I lose by .006

well...took the Demon out tonight...Let the kid drive it....make she does not have bad karma...

on the 3rd pass she went 11.113 @ 118.56.....so she is not giving out negative waves....

also ran 11.19 and a 11.31 shifting into 2 nd immediately off the starting line...

Letting youngest daughter drive the Demon at the last two bracket races of the year....she is about inconsistent as they come...LOL

Friday night she ran ended up dial in with a 11.23..and ran a 11.16 to break out in 1st round..

Saturday night only time run...she runs 11.10...

Dials in 11.09 and runs 11.083 to break out.......Reaction times getting better....

Bracket racing Season is over .....

-
Back