changing 4" shaft to 4.5"

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hi all, upgrading my rear shafts on my A body 8 3/4 from 4" drum, it true i have to change brakes also, ie brake drums as wider shoes etc? i was hoping to redrill my old drum centre bore and redrill bigger stud pattern.

Depends on who made the axles. Some companies make them as a direct replacement for use with stock A-body brakes and others require you to use bigger brakes.

cheers for the help! its an arm and a leg the shipping etc, need the axles thats for sure but if we talking "b" body rear brakes i should be able to source them here in uk,i dont compramise but this week ive imported a new set of fuel wheels<torque thrust d> and with the axles etc im almost broke:angry7: till payday:cheers:

cheers for the help! its an arm and a leg the shipping etc, need the axles thats for sure but if we talking "b" body rear brakes i should be able to source them here in uk,i dont compramise but this week ive imported a new set of fuel wheels<torque thrust d> and with the axles etc im almost broke:angry7: till payday:cheers:

Your welcome.

BTW: where in the UK are you if you don't mind saying? Just a region is fine. I have family all over England. Mum, aunt and uncle and numerous cousins. We were over in 2000 for a 2 week holiday. We visited a large part of the country. Hope to be going back for a visit in the next couple yrs. Gotta do some more saving.

Good looking Cuda. I bet it turns heads a lot. Is it right hand drive?

hi there, south wales my man! around 50 miles and a wide river away from england................which is just about far enough:bootysha: visited states in 06 did west coast, 2600 miles in 2 weeks! aye, lhd, 4 speed manual and 440ci, quite rare over here,tatty but getting there,wonder how hard to modify my brakes to suit?

Gotcha. My Mum lived in Wales for awhile a few yrs. ago. I'm terrible on remembering names so I don't remember where she lives now, LOL...

Sounds like fun when you were here. I'm a long way from the west coast. Just far enough, LOL

If you get complete brake assy's from a E or B body that are the right size they are a direct bolt on.

cymru :cheers: welsh for wales! cheers for that, im guessing b body brakes be available here maybe? just the axles scarce as is with lotta stuff!

Good luck on finding some brakes. If you watch the ads you might find some fairly close. There are getting to be quite a few members on the board from all over the world.

-
Back