changing colors 71 dart 1 man home resto.

-
Thanks guys. If it wasn't for FABO this thing would still be sitting. :cheers:

All my years of scratch building model parts is paying off. 8)

Looking good.
Did this thing have a vinyl top originally?
Mine has the same bondo under the top, and is also painted better than most I have seen under the vinyl.

How the heck did I miss this build and great work you have been doing homecloned :tongue9::tongue9:
You are doing some great repair and the tach location is very nice.
Know I will go back and get caught up :thumbrig: :wave:

This site is so big I can't keep up :cheers:.

Well sh!!!! Creed need's the computer :angry7:

Creed is dun and ran off to practice music8)
I must say you have me itching to get some metal work dun on Victoria homecloned :cheers:
You sure have been doing some great patch work and that will have to wait till spring but the other detail work will be fun for me this winter.
Your reconditioning on the console sure is a great work of art and creativity =P~
The new color is going to be great on your your Dart
Know I know where your avatar came from:-D

I hope you be smart and let your c6 heal good and move smoothly
Repetition and weed eaters are a no no, So hang in there and give it time.
Some time's we just have to learn to do things differently and make your work area higher if you can and just do a little at a time so you don't aggravate it.
You sure make this look easy :-D Good job bud :cheers:

DSC00019%20%28Custom%29.JPG

Like Mike said how did I miss this thread,but then I realized it started before I got here.Nice work,home,I like the color you chose.Your a handy lil monkey to have around.Lotsa good skills I see.Keep up the good work,bud.8)

Good for you doing it yourserlf.Its been 1 year since my body work was done ,and guess what I have some bubbling in his body work now.Thanks Moparwedden for the referial.POS

Great looking job your doing! Lots os satisfaction in doing it yourself.
Thanks greendart, and I know what has been done and how it was done.

Looking good.
Did this thing have a vinyl top originally?
Mine has the same bondo under the top, and is also painted better than most I have seen under the vinyl.
This was a vinyl top car but was repainted and the top left off. It then rusted through at the roof seams.
I am fixing with patch panels but my angle grinder died and I am still looking for a deal on one.
I will be going back to a vinyl top.
How the heck did I miss this build and great work you have been doing homecloned :tongue9::tongue9:
You are doing some great repair and the tach location is very nice.
Know I will go back and get caught up :thumbrig: :wave:

This site is so big I can't keep up :cheers:.
I havn't posted on it much because most of the projects are half done.:-D
I think early on you took notice.

That mini tach came out better then I planed but I am scoring a rally dash console with the 150mph speedo and tach.:-D I will save it for the GTX.

Creed is dun and ran off to practice music8)
I must say you have me itching to get some metal work dun on Victoria homecloned :cheers:
You sure have been doing some great patch work and that will have to wait till spring but the other detail work will be fun for me this winter.
Your reconditioning on the console sure is a great work of art and creativity =P~
The new color is going to be great on your your Dart
Know I know where your avatar came from:-D

I hope you be smart and let your c6 heal good and move smoothly
Repetition and weed eaters are a no no, So hang in there and give it time.
Some time's we just have to learn to do things differently and make your work area higher if you can and just do a little at a time so you don't aggravate it.
You sure make this look easy :-D Good job bud :cheers:
Thanks bud. 90 percent of the metal work is done.
I can never finish a project step all the way through(ADD), so I bounce from area to area on the car. But it does keep my interest that way and gives me a chance to relook at areas with a fresh eye and make it better. 8)

I was feeling a little better yesterday and did some body work.......big mistake. I feel twice as bad today. Back to the couch and computer.
I actually have the front end painted and partially wet sanded. I am excited about the color.

Oh yeah, I was wearing my tens unit while doing some work(I know,big no..no), well one of the patches comes of down the back of my shirt. I did not realize the shock that thing puts out when not hooked to your body. I got jolted a few times buy the time I figured it out and fished it out of my pocket to it turn off. :-D

Like Mike said how did I miss this thread,but then I realized it started before I got here.Nice work,home,I like the color you chose.Your a handy lil monkey to have around.Lotsa good skills I see.Keep up the good work,bud.8)

Thanks bud. You know the thing I love to do most is monkey around.:munky2::-D LOL.
I restored high end bicycles back in the 80s-90s and developed a little nack for detail, that and years of scratch building models.
Well the wife made me put away the 1/24 scale models and work on this.
Cant blame her.:-D

Good for you doing it yourserlf.Its been 1 year since my body work was done ,and guess what I have some bubbling in his body work now.Thanks Moparwedden for the referial.POS

Snake that is a pisser about your body work is bubbling up. Where about on the car?

more pictures of unfinished projects.:-D

The hood is what messed me up. I see why some times at shows I have seen cars restored well on the outside but under the hood it has areas that the paint under the final coat is not featherd in and just looks bad.
This is a pain in the neck. Literally

DSC00019 (Custom).JPG

DSC00004 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

Homecloned the bubbling is at the rear quarter,its not solvent poping its his filler.Just call him and we will see were this goes also one spot need the spot it is turning yellow.good luck with yours.

I'm hooked what a great thread.
Thanks rebel
Homecloned the bubbling is at the rear quarter,its not solvent poping its his filler.Just call him and we will see were this goes also one spot need the spot it is turning yellow.good luck with yours.
That is what was happening on my rear roof seam.
Man you are going to town on that Swinger:cheers: It gives me incentive to get working on my project.

That is how I found this site. I was looking for restoration pictures and FABO was there. Its been to hot here to do anything though. They are calling for upper 70 by Sunday.:cheers:

This is the roof seam that I patched in. My angle grinder died in the middle of this job so this is how it sits.

DSC00003 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

DSC00008 (Custom).JPG

DSC00009 (Custom).JPG

DSC00015 (Custom).JPG

Yeah my dart needs the same work on the roof pillar also. I dont have access or skills with a welder, so mine is getting fiberglassed to repair it. It really needs a roof so i can just replace the whole thing in the future when time and money allows. Ill post some pics soon, i have got one side about finished.

I just read your thread again,now that I can see straight,lol:D How's your back doin,are you getting on with resto?Maybe I'll drive the cuda down there and you can touch it up for me.8)

That is some good paint homecloned :thumbrig: I have used it a few time's
Looks like you wet sanded and polished it out :glasses2:
That will look perfect with your new orange, Congrat's :cheers:

Thanks guys, I will be doing some more now that I am feeling a little better.
Thought I would add my dash pics here. Bought a Rallye dash from a FABO member and did a quick resto on it. I didn't want it to flashy.

DSC00013 (Custom).JPG

DSC00019 (Custom).JPG

DSC00020 (Custom).JPG

DSC00021 (Custom).JPG

DSC00024 (Custom).JPG

DSC00025 (Custom).JPG

DSC00030 (Custom).JPG

DSC00033 (Custom).JPG

DSC00044 (Custom).JPG

DSC00045 (Custom).JPG

More dash, painted the guage needles. Paint stripped with oven cleaner and boards claned with ketchup.
Sprayed black satin and masked off for the silver.

DSC00049 (Custom).JPG

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

DSC00003 (Custom).JPG

DSC00008 (Custom).JPG

DSC00009 (Custom).JPG

DSC00018 (Custom).JPG

DSC00002 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

DSC00012 (Custom).JPG

More Dash.
Painted the letters with a 10/0 brush.
I will buff out when cured, I should have left it dry a another day before masking for the silver. This was done in less then 36 hours
There will also be some minor touch-up.

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

DSC00005 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

DSC00009 (Custom).JPG

DSC00013 (Custom).JPG

DSC00014 (Custom).JPG

DSC00018 (Custom).JPG

DSC00020 (Custom).JPG

DSC00028 (Custom).JPG

DSC00022 (Custom).JPG

All of your work is amazing! i'm just starting my first bodywork project. and I can only hope mine turns out half as good as yours!

great work on everything. I'll try a few of the things that you've done on this thread

-
Back