changing colors 71 dart 1 man home resto.

-
This thread is awesome! :cheers:

You do really nice work!! Please keep the pics coming.8)

Great work man!! I can appreciate body work. Lots of invested blood, sweat and tears.

Thanks everyone. I wish I could get more done but I am nursing a herneated disk in my neck, it seems like its been forever now. I messed with the wire harness for the rallye dash. It turned out to be a real POS. I will make my stock one work. I should have waited untill Garlits to get a Rallye dash. Oh well.

Don't know how I missed this, but am kinda busy! LOL

Very nice work.=D>
Wish I had some of your metal skills!8)

I did an earlier post to your project. You've done a lot since then. I like the attention to detail. I just finished my Dart, after 4 years, and a number of frustrations. Keep on keepin on. Howard

Thanks for the kind replies. I wish it wasn't all over the place but I work on something untill my ADD get the better of me and takes me elsewhere. :toothy10:

64dart170 you have some mad skills yourself. 8)

I used some MaGuires mirror finish clear coat polish on the guage lenses.

Here are some pics of my valve cover that I wrinkled painted.

Spray it heavy and cook in the grill for 50 minutes.

DSC00017 (Custom).JPG

DSC00002 (Custom).JPG

DSC00003 (Custom).JPG

DSC00005 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

DSC00009 (Custom).JPG

DSC00012 (Custom).JPG

DSC00013 (Custom).JPG

DSC00015 (Custom).JPG

DSC00016 (Custom).JPG

This is different haha. What i meant to say is the car originally orange. What is the original color? While orange in an already orange engine bay is overkill, I think I would of still left the engine orange. I just love the look of that wrinkle coated air cleaner over an orange shiney engine haha. I really like how you have replaced all that metal. And the dash looks sweet. I'm guessing the easy off was an idea from modeling? Keep up the great work.

This is different haha. What i meant to say is the car originally orange. What is the original color? While orange in an already orange engine bay is overkill, I think I would of still left the engine orange. I just love the look of that wrinkle coated air cleaner over an orange shiney engine haha. I really like how you have replaced all that metal. And the dash looks sweet. I'm guessing the easy off was an idea from modeling? Keep up the great work.

It was dark bronze. The car came from Canada and had been worked before I got it. All the repair work I have done was painted over but really starting to show. It was green when I got it but am changing to Go -Mango/Vitamin C.
The easy off is one of my model tricks. I hate chrome parts.8)

What was your trick to get the wrinkle paint on so heavy without getting any runs?
Luck. 8) It does have a tiny area were it wanted to, but it cant be noticed.
I spray 1 tack coat and then 2 good cover coats and then the final wet look coat, letting it set about 5 min between coats.

I havn't forgotten about the magazines. Things have been tight but you are next on the list if you still have.

Just did some cosmetic stuff. Painted the other valve cover and painted the heads. This will get them off the shelf and give me some extra room. Plus it's one more thing done. :toothy7:

DSC00017 (Custom).JPG

DSC00019 (Custom).JPG

DSC00021 (Custom).JPG

DSC00022 (Custom).JPG

DSC00024 (Custom).JPG

DSC00026 (Custom).JPG

DSC00028 (Custom).JPG

I just set everything on for now to get it off the shelf. I still need to paint the intake edge of the heads.(Brain Fart)

DSC00032 (Custom).JPG

DSC00033 (Custom).JPG

DSC00034 (Custom).JPG

DSC00035 (Custom).JPG

Nice work bud! Geez, I hope your steaks don't end up tasting like paint.How far away from Ft Lauderdale are you?8-)

Congratulations on 3000 posts!!

Keep em comin.

Nice work bud! Geez, I hope your steaks don't end up tasting like paint.How far away from Ft Lauderdale are you?8-)

LOL. I cook my steaks on the charcoal grill. :toothy7: The gas grill was ready for a good cleaning. It works great though.

About 4 hours to Lauderdale, it's on the other coast and down some. I am located on the little pininsula on the west coast(pinellas co.) about mid way down.

I lost track and didn't realize I had past it. :toothy7:

-
Back