Changing front end of 74 swinger

-

Resto

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am currently doing a full resto of a '74 dart swinger. I honestly am not too big on the huge bumpers they started using in 73 due to that 5mph regulation. I'm wanting to put bumpers from 71 or 72 and in wondering if anyone has done this and has pictures I could see. I was thinking it might look silly unless I change the entire front end. I love the front ends from the 68. I like the beak front end ok but I'm curious if anyone else has done this same thing. I'm also curious if anyone has put a spoiler on the back of a swinger and how it looks. Thanks- Jeremy

Front bumper shocks didn't come till late 74' you can drill a hole in the rear shocks and but them up against a wall, weld em in place to get them tight to the body.

Honestly, why did you buy a 74 if you don't like the style? Tired of seeing this front clip swap. It's lame.

Search the site, plenty of info to dive into.

Good luck.

The '74 may have to have another hole drilled for the front bumper bracket mounts, not sure as I am more familiar with the '73's. Otherwise the sheet metal is pretty much a bolt on. Get everything you can from a donor car and bolt it on.

If you want to change the rear with earlier stuff, it can be done but it is a huge project.

Honestly, why did you buy a 74 if you don't like the style? Tired of seeing this front clip swap. It's lame.

Like a lot of people out there I would imagine he bought the best car for the money that was available in his area. A beaked car can be had for quite a bit less that a 67-72 Dart in the same condition. Be happy the guys in a classic Mopar and not a Ricer or something else.

Like a lot of people out there I would imagine he bought the best car for the money that was available in his are.

Exactly why I ended up with a 67 A. I started "wanting" a 70 Satellite/ RR/ GTX, or a 64-5 Plymouth or Dodge B.

Front bumper shocks didn't come till late 74' you can drill a hole in the rear shocks and but them up against a wall, weld em in place to get them tight to the body.

Search the site, plenty of info to dive into.

Good luck.

Not that I have to explain myself to you, but i bought a bundle package with a hemi and a bunch of other Mopar parts and got this car with all parts, brands new upholstery, rebuilt motor and Tran, brand new firewall, mint dash, brand new in the box carpet, brand new heated back window and much much more for practically free. Thanks to the others who understand.We are all adults here so if you are going to call me lame then please just don't post on my threads.

-
Back