Chase Elliot.......

-
He joined an elite list of drivers to win back-to-back like that in their 1st season...think he is also the first driver to ever take the lead on the final lap at Darlington and win the race his very 1st time at the track......notice in the vidoe how he came up on Sadler, got him loose, but didn't touch him, then drove around him for the win, text book pass.....his Daddy has to be proud :glasses7:

He joined an elite list of drivers to win back-to-back like that in their 1st season...think he is also the first driver to ever take the lead on the final lap at Darlington and win the race his very 1st time at the track......notice in the vodoe how he came up on sadler, got him loose, but didn't touch him, then drove around him for the win, text book pass.....his Daddy has to be proud :glasses7:

On it..gimme, time...

Loved that nudge,that was professional racing, old school.....

I met Bill Elliot years ago at the local Ford dealer. It was whatever year he was literally walkin away from everybody. 85? 86 maybe? Somethin like that. Anyway, we shot the breeze so long, he insisted on getting another foldin chair outta the trailer and invited me to stay awhile. Super nice guy.

Watched the race and I was so proud for the Elliot family and I wish they would have had the camera on Bill when this was down to the last 3 laps :glasses7: your right Keith, he was the first ever driver to take the lead on the final lap at Darlington and win the race .
He drove in from the bottom and pulled the air right off the other drive as he went high with out touching him, I am tickled pink to see a couple new rookies out drive Kyle and Harvick in Nation Wide for the last couple weeks, They was suggesting that all the Cup car drivers start at the back of these races when they jump in a nation wide race car but looks like there is a few hot hand rookies this year that will give the pro drivers a race for there money this year :supz:

Wow RRR That had to be sooo cool, the Elliot family really seem to have that good tight family nit in racing, I can still see Bill out there in his bud race car racing Dale or Kawiki :glasses7:

I met Bill Elliot years ago at the local Ford dealer. It was whatever year he was literally walkin away from everybody. 85? 86 maybe? Somethin like that. Anyway, we shot the breeze so long, he insisted on getting another foldin chair outta the trailer and invited me to stay awhile. Super nice guy.

The whole Family is that way. Have had the pleasure of talking with all of them at length.. 85 would be the year of "Million Dollar Bill". Loved it when he went to Dodge got tired of having to wear all that FORD crap.....

Chase may get me watching NASCAR again.....

The young man has some talent for sure. Daddy has to be very proud of him.

That was a good race. I was pulling for him. Future star for sure.

Elliot and Larson are REALLY talented racer.

Both deserve all the press they can get compared to some of those 25th place running publicity machines. :)

nice guy for sure i got to meet him too . I am and all alway will be a fan . Im rooting for his son now . thanks for the years bill

Yup...and now to get him in a Dodge, were he belongs. His Dad and Ray Evernham brought Dodge back to NASCAR years ago.

Elliot and Larson are REALLY talented racer.

Both deserve all the press they can get compared to some of those 25th place running publicity machines. :)

So just what are you tryin to say Rob? That the Elliots ain't sparkle ponys?

So just what are you tryin to say Rob? That the Elliots ain't sparkle ponys?

Maybe Elliot and Larson sparkle from that ticker tape junk they fire off in winners circle. :)

Another better finish than Panica ran all night deal. Lots of lucky cautions, lucky dogs, wave arounds, run 30ish all night and a bunch of guys start killing tires to final at 22... that's like a win for them. Tony and Gene being good pimps!

If only she had talent, like Larson/Elliot even Dillon, I might actually respect her sorry backmarker soul.

She's even rubbing off on Stenhouse... he can't seem to get it straight now.

Wow!! Thanks for the heads up on this, Congratulations to all the Elliot family this morning

I followed Bill since the early 80's yes he is a super guy with a wealth of knowledge in these cars. He is from back in the days drivers worked on cars and weren't just pretty boys. Man just thinking about that Coors Melling #9 T-Bird running high on the banks at talladega. I bet papa George in smiling down on his grandson.

-
Back