Cheap & easy Power Drums? '66 Signet

-

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
Found this piece on the 'bay, looks like all I'd need to do is install and bend/fab some brake lines to get it all installed? Currently I've got manual drum/drum and power steering on a /6 car, so this makes sense to help driveability.... Not a poorly spent $120. Any problems with install or compatabilitiy I might see? Cheers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330860297692

$%28KGrHqNHJBME9rg,IU3HBPb%29sk6Ej!~~60_12.JPG

Darned if I know. According to the seller, it fits every Mopar ever made from 1905 to 2016 and then some, drum disc, or ???

Now we all know THAT cannot be quite true. The master DOES appear to have "equal" front/ rear sections, which would lean towards a drum master. The difference mainly is that disc masters generally have no residual valves for the disc brakes, drum masters do in both sections. Some guys claim that "modern return springs" don't need them, but I'm not sure I agree.

For that price I'm just gonna buy it, and rely on return policy if it's not as direct a fit as stated. Perhaps there are brackets for multiple fitments included. Since I'm not a concours guy by any means, if it fits and works who the hell cars if it's not OEM? haha.... I'll post updates as necessary!

Of course anyone else chiming in with more info, thanks in advance!

Price is really good, compared with other new systems ($250 min). At first I thought - "no way, that has the Chevy threaded rod", then I saw the special bracket (in hotel with crappy internet speed). A great custom design and very affordable. Until now, I thought my solution had the best product of (cheap x effort). I put a 90's Breeze booster/MC on Dart brackets.

-
Back