Cheap eBay Intakes

-
As soon as mine came, I checked a set of 273/318 intake gaskets against the intake and the ports lined up perfectly with the gaskets. I'm hoping that Magnum intake gaskets line up just as well. My plan right now is to use this intake on the 273 in my wife's 69 Dart GT convertible, along with a set of Magnum heads when I do the motor for that car.

I believe @Johnny Dart has done some testing on these cheap knockoffs vs the real deal Edelbrock RPM and concluded that the performance of the real RPM was well worth the price difference. I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember reading that somewhere. Maybe he'll chime in.
Can't say I've done any testing on the knock off, but I'm sure I've talked Chit about it. :p

From what I've read, they work pretty well for the money.
Do a little interweb search, I'm sure there will be a thousand hits on it.

Thanks for posting the link. Just read through the whole thread, and it has me wanting to send mine back now and just do a port match on the stock 360 4bbl intake I have now LOL

Ya I bought it during the 40% off Black Friday sale for my sons
street car. I ended up passing it on to a member for a fair price. The “ugly Torquer” that he got in a parts deal flowed more. I’d love to find an M1 for him at a good price.

Ya I bought it during the 40% off Black Friday sale for my sons
street car. I ended up passing it on to a member for a fair price. The “ugly Torquer” that he got in a parts deal flowed more. I’d love to find an M1 for him at a good price.
I guess I should have done some research before I coughed up for this thing. Going to look into sending it back. Have you ever messed with the stock 4bbl intakes? Are they worth doing a gasket match on and running with a mild cam? Just wondering if they run out of steam quick, and it would be worth grabbing another manifold instead.

I guess I should have done some research before I coughed up for this thing. Going to look into sending it back. Have you ever messed with the stock 4bbl intakes? Are they worth doing a gasket match on and running with a mild cam? Just wondering if they run out of steam quick, and it would be worth grabbing another manifold instead.

Back then we scraped everyone of of those things when we took them off. Never touched one and never will.

Back then we scraped everyone of of those things when we took them off. Never touched one and never will.

Fair enough. I've never considered running one, but I seem to read of them getting a whole bunch of praise for being quite good. At 50lbs, maybe I chuck it and run the China gap with a port match? Ill have to see what else I can find and would be a good replacement manifold for better power from 2000rpm up.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Id never consider running one, but I seem to read of them getting a whole bunch of praise for being quite good. At 50lbs, maybe I chuck it and run the China gap with a port match? Ill have to see what else I can find and would be a good replacement manifold for better power from 2000rpm up.

Doing these tests last winter was an eye opener and made me start telling guys it wasn’t worth sending their intakes to me for port work. Even if I lowered my prices to 250.00 they still have crazy shipping costs here and back. It was 69.00 just to send that Victor340 back to Edelbrock last week one way. If they are capable of gasket matching they are probably seeing 90% of the gains on a dual plane intake. A popular member of this group told me shipping is going up 6% in January.

Doing these tests last winter was an eye opener and made me start telling guys it wasn’t worth sending their intakes to me for port work. Even if I lowered my prices to 250.00 they still have crazy shipping costs here and back. It was 69.00 just to send that Victor340 back to Edelbrock last week one way. If they are capable of gasket matching they are probably seeing 90% of the gains on a dual plane intake. A popular member of this group told me shipping is going up 6% in January.
A 6% increase, and still only a 6% chance that your part will arrive unscathed or arrive at all. :(

You should use UPS flat rate. Under 50 lbs and 1750 cubic inches in size it ships for $26 to lower 48.

You should use UPS flat rate. Under 50 lbs and 1750 cubic inches in size it ships for $26 to lower 48.

With insurance???
In this case the intake was going back to Edelbrock and we wanted to get the warranty work moving along.

-
Back