CHEAP electric fuel pump

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
I am installing a 360 Mag in my Dart. I have elected to install an electric fuel pump instead of the stock mechanical. I will be installing an adjustable nitrous system 100-150 horse. I already have the line and fuel regulator but what Im looking for is an CHEAP electric pump that will get the job done. I'm guessing I need a pump that is capable of 90 GPH and 5-7 PSI. Are the Holley Blue and Red pumps rebuildable???

Yeah they're rebuildable. What I would recommend though, would be to run two fuel systems. One for the nitrous and one for the engine. You'll have less chance of runnin lean that way. Runnin lean with nitrous AIN'T a good thing. What I always used to do was run a high volume mechanical pump for the engine and a small electric and regulator for the nirtous. Summit has some realy nice electric pumps very similar to the holleys that come with regulators for under a hundred bucks.

Do not run a cheap pump with nitrous. If you do have a low pressure cut off switch in the system. If it goes lean its like turning a cutting torch loose in your motor.Spend a little more now save big later.

With a small shot like 100-125, according to NOS, to supply 350 hp all thats needed is 35 gph, yeah 35 gph, i checked out the math on this, all thats needed for 450 hp is 50 gph, 55 gph for 500 hp through a 3/8" line, i'll be running a 100/125 shot on my mild 360 magnum, its around 350 hp NA, this is flywheel HP, so it'll be around 475 hp on the 125, i purchased the carter mech. that freeflows 120 gph, you can easily feed both T'd off at this level, even a 150 shot, thats only if the engines on the mild side, If you start getting around 175 & higher, thats when its alot more important running a detecated system, timing is the real issue along with the octane rating at higher levels & plug heat range, ANY fuel pump can bite the dust at any moment, even a seperate one, so unless you don't have a fuel gauge staring you in the face, you'll never have any warning untill its too late, those switches that detect fuel drop mare not always accurate & they have a 50/50 of not working, thats coming from the nitrous gurus, also, going cheap isn't the answer, especially if its going to be feeding both, another important device is a "window switch", because is you over-rev. on the run without one, the nitrous keeps dumping, even though your on the rev. limiter, but with the window, you control your window of activation RPM of the nitrous, you have it come on at say 3000, kick off at 5600, so if you over-rev for any reason, the nitrous if "off" once you hit that "window", its a real nice safety device. So either get a good Mech. pump or a better electric then the cheaper ones.

-
Back