Cheap Hellcats.

-

Mr Gorsky

I know words, I have the best words...
Reaction score
Hellcat owners must love the new Demon. Yeah rigggght :).

Cheap one in Orange County. Brand new, only $55K!!:

2015 Dodge Hellcat with only 300 miles

Brand new 2015 Dodge Hellcat with only 300 miles... garaged, on battery tender... bought as something fun to look at and took to cars and coffee.. need room for the new Demon ordered... there is no difference between the 2017 and 2015 Hellcat... so here's your chance to have a brand new one for 17k less... absolutely perfect and spotless... comes with Custom fit cover... manual transmission and all other extras you could want.. will sell fast...

00J0J_cCOlmZN8Rdw_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I have been hearing the rumors of "cheap Hellcats" since the Demon was first rumored...while you found a good one (and DAMN I would love to have that in my garage next to the Dart...), this is a 2+ year old car....
Also, I believe that any panache that was lost to the Demon by the now "second string" Hellcat, there will be more attention and excitement around the Dodge brand which would likely only help demand for all models of the Challenger.

I'd have to guess that this $55k/ 300 mile example is probably not going to be the norm, especially not for brand new copies.

Sure, I'd love it if the Hellcat came down into a range where I could even consider one but I'm not holding my breath.

They will continue to drop to a certain point. Many that want them cant afford to buy or insure them. Some are are afraid ... and others just arent into them.
Most of the buyers so far consider them toys and will trade them for another toy in short order.

Also, there has to be a lesson here...I'm sure he got some enjoyment out of showing the car off but it's not even through its break-in period. Now, he's asking about $20k less than he probably paid for it in just a couple of years.

Drive your muscle cars, guys! Take care of them but enjoy them. Anything that wears can be repaired.

Seize the day. Life is short.

...says the guy whose Dart hasn't seen sunlight since November. :p

a 20k loss over 2 years is nothing in the world of luxury/sports car depreciation.

Think about it this way... if a guy is worth millions and makes around 250-400k per year he is spending a smaller portion
of his net worth on those cars than we do on a nice dinner !

Yup, now that the Hellcat is 2nd fiddle, the value will tank. We have a least 3 for sale in Portland foe under $60k.

I'm guessing some of these low cost ones are also rebuilt wrecks.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing these hellcats won't be very cheap or easy cars to own when they start getting to be a few years old. Many new performance cars in general have pretty poor track records for reliability and with a car like the hellcat you are also adding the element of the supercharger system to potentially have failures on. Combined with the 700hp, we all know that even when built properly, HP kills parts. Every single used hellcat I have seen always touts "never beat on, only driven to weekend car shows" in the ad. Find it hard to believe so many guys spent almost 100k on a 700HP car to never use that power lol

Good Friend of mine upgraded his charger hellcat to 800+ HP... over 250 runs at the track with NO issues ................

They will continue to drop to a certain point. Many that want them cant afford to buy or insure them. Some are are afraid ... and others just arent into them.
Most of the buyers so far consider them toys and will trade them for another toy in short order.
The only reason I don't own a Hellcat is the initial purchase price. As far as insurance goes, I got a quote through our insurance last year (I was 22 at the time) and insurance was about the same as my 02 4x4 cummins! These cars have EXCELLENT crash ratings and that's about all the insurance company cares about. A car is only worth so much but an injured or killed person can result in big lawsuits.

a 20k loss over 2 years is nothing in the world of luxury/sports car depreciation.

Think about it this way... if a guy is worth millions and makes around 250-400k per year he is spending a smaller portion
of his net worth on those cars than we do on a nice dinner !

thats one way to look at it

but the way i see it, 20K is more then i have in my duster

I've been thinking about getting a Charger SRT392 or 392 Daytona for several months now...a buddy pointed out that there was a 2016 Hellcat with 2700 miles on it for about the same price as the new SRT392 sitting on a lot in town...SWMBO told me to go ahead - look what followed me home today! :)

Heckkitty (1).jpg
Heckkitty.jpg

Even if I sell my daily driver, I still don't have enough money for that Hellcat... :'(

The real question is......how long will it be until the new Demon owners start saying old Demon owners can't refer to their Demons as Demons because they aren't real Demons, only the newer Hemi Demons are really Demons.....

-
Back