Cheap Mat

-

rklein383

Reaction score
If you are like me, you do quite a bit of work on your car's in the driveway. Even if you are in the garage where the concrete is a little smoother; it still is damn hard.

I bought a black rubber pad from Academy Sports. It is supposed to be used for a pad under an exercise treadmill. It was only 20 bucks. It is around 36 inches wide and around 6 feet long, around 3/8 or 1/2 inch thick.

It really is nice to kneel on and it rolls up easy. I use it all the time.

Rod

Good idea. I have a creeper but I end up using card board most of the time because it gives me more room and I can slide around on it a lot easier. I swear if there is one pebble on the garage floor the creeper wheel will get stuck on it lol!

I keep a peice of carpet padding in the trunk.

Plentiful and cost = 0

Yeah, I have done the carpet thing as well. It is not as soft as the mat and gets pretty gross. The mat I can clean with a little soap and water. The carpet just gets tossed for another one though.

good idea. I have a creeper but i end up using card board most of the time because it gives me more room and i can slide around on it a lot easier. I swear if there is one pebble on the garage floor the creeper wheel will get stuck on it lol!
x2

-
Back