Cheap Original-Looking Mopar Battery

-

Glow Worm

"Not Your Grandmaw's 318"
Reaction score
I've been wanting to try this, and just got around to it.
My battery is a "Maintenence Free" battery, and I peeled all of the stickers off of it. Then I bought some "MOPAR" battery caps, cut the bottoms off of them, and used black silicon to apply them to the top of the battery. The caps actually say "MOPAR" on them. I paid $18.00 for the 6 caps and shipping. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying over $200 for a replica...
The guy sells the batteries on ebay, but you have to contact him to get only the caps.

CheapMoparBattery003.jpg

CheapMoparBattery002.jpg

CheapMoparBattery001.jpg

CheapMoparBattery003.jpg

CheapMoparBattery002.jpg

CheapMoparBattery001.jpg

Dam,you are a tricky feller. :thumbup:

Looks cool !!!!!!!

There are a couple Mopar battery stickers on e-bay.There is one that is in green writting that would look excellant with your caps.Here is a pic of one I bought for my car.I believe this to be the sticker put on the early batteries installed in the trunk.

Picture 421.jpg

A real slick move Glow Worm.
Are you native American?
Or just very creative, Good job

Glow worm, I just bought a set of caps to do the same thing. Did your battery have a completely flat top or did you take the 2 big rectangular caps off and glue the round caps over the small holes?

I need to find a different battery to use because of the caps. I dont trust that the glued on caps will keep the acid inside

IM000191.JPG

-
Back