Cheap Thrills Dart

-
Saw that last night...you know with all the blathering on about it being 'a piece of Hot Rod history' it isn't going to be inexpensive

The fact that Hot Rod Magazine had anything to do with it is enough to keep me away.

My dad was asked to give a quote on fixing this car. What is not mentioned in the ad is that the car was wrecked. Needs frame rack time and the right front inner apron straightened. All in all it is a rough car. It doesn't impress me that it was in a magazine, nor should it impress anyone else. Its just another big block Dart. Dont get me wrong, its a cool car. So is most any big block a body. I dont think its worth the hype.

I wonder if it still hase hose clamps for a trans mount?

I saw it on the bag also. It sure didn't impress me. It is a project car for sure.

My dad was asked to give a quote on fixing this car. What is not mentioned in the ad is that the car was wrecked. Needs frame rack time and the right front inner apron straightened. All in all it is a rough car. It doesn't impress me that it was in a magazine, nor should it impress anyone else. Its just another big block Dart. Dont get me wrong, its a cool car. So is most any big block a body. I dont think its worth the hype.

It was rough when they built it. That was the point behind the car. They went 12s for $2000 or something like that which was a big deal back then.

I dont think its worth more then $2000-$2500

It was rough when they built it. That was the point behind the car. They went 12s for $2000 or something like that which was a big deal back then.

I dont think its worth more then $2000-$2500

Fenderwells and look at that dash.....LOL.....I might give it a bit more than that, since it's a '68 and a magazine car.

Probably get more interest if the pictures were better. I wouldn't mine owning it for nostalgia sake. One of the reasons I own two 68's.

Ian

When it comes to bowl reading, I'd rather read the toilet paper than Hot Rod.

Seriously, that magazine runs on a 14 month cycle. Once you've read 14 months worth, you've seen all of the content they're ever going to cover. I remember buying a stack of them from the '80s at a yard sale, and every freaking one featured a red late '60's Camaro.

Puke. The only thing noteworthy about Cheap Thrills is that they didn't manage to completely screw it up.

Wow, No one has anything nice to say about anything here anymore do they ?

It's not Moparts yet...lol
I think the car's cool - but yeah - it's a $2K car tops. She's been rode hard and put away wet.

-
Back