Cheap Warped oil pan

-

ratvon

Reaction score
Ok tried to save a few bucks by buying an oil pan on ebay what a piece of crap. It's warped and rocks back forth any way to salvage this thing?

I have had luck with them in the past. Sometimes they need a little tweaking to get them right.

It must have gotten damaged somehow. Call/message the seller and explain the issue. They'll probably send another one to you.

20161215_103511.jpg

This thing is so cheap I can nearly pull the rail down with my hands....like i said it wobbles corner to corner so if anyone used a pan like this and had success I would sure like to know

This thing is so cheap I can nearly pull the rail down with my hands....like i said it wobbles corner to corner so if anyone used a pan like this and had success I would sure like to know
The rail also curls up towards me

The pan I bought from Mancini was not flat either. Set it on a flat surface, tweak the rails flat with a 2x4 and a hammer.

You get what you pay for. Is the mating surface of the pan rail chrome too? If so, that's just asking for a leak. That and the gasket will squish out more easily. If you end up trying to use that pan, flatten the rails as best you can, scuff up the gasket surface and glue the gasket to it with some gasket adhesive.

-
Back