Cheap way to stiffen springs?

-

dart360swinger

Boosted
Reaction score
I dont have the bucks to buy a new set of leafs right now. Is there a way to stiffen the leaf springs? I've used add-a-leafs in the past on trucks with good results. Maybe add more leafs? If so, From what rig, how many? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Jake

A couple options..

You could use shocks with "booster coils" on them...
or You could add another leaf. Ideally you would want more leaves in the front of the spring pack to help control axle wind-up (like ss springs). My suggestion if you have another set of a-springs is use the second or third leaves and put them in your springs.

However, this would all change depending on why you want stiffer springs.. Just to raise it? to help handling?

Oh! And make sure the spring hanger is correctly lined up in relation to the spring.

A couple options..

You could use shocks with "booster coils" on them...
or You could add another leaf. Ideally you would want more leaves in the front of the spring pack to help control axle wind-up (like ss springs). My suggestion if you have another set of a-springs is use the second or third leaves and put them in your springs.

However, this would all change depending on why you want stiffer springs.. Just to raise it? to help handling?

Oh! And make sure the spring hanger is correctly lined up in relation to the spring.

I want to raise the car a little, but mostly to help with handling and specificly rear body roll. The rear tires are a good distance away from the the wheel wells but when cornering the body like to lean into the rear tires. I dont have a extra set of leaf springs but that sounds like something I'll check into.

Thanks
Jake

-
Back