Cheapest replacement radiator options?

-

Jacob

Reaction score
I just finished my engine for my dart, and was hoping to start looking at radiators for when I finally dropped it in. I have 72 and having spent most of my cash on the engine I'm just looking for a radiator that will drop in, aluminum or brass makes no difference to me, and neither does new or used. I was just wondering what brands you guys have used, prices, and whether or not you liked them. Just lookin to stay cool for cheap :glasses7:
Thanks in advance!
-Jacob

v8, about 400 horse small block with higher stall 904, I already have a trans cooler.

Bummer man, I only V8's in my garage, sorry. Thanks anyways though.

MY VALIANT IS RUNNING A lil 318 maybe 325hp i use the stock slant rad it works fine ive never over heated and i run my heater if u find a good cheap one its a option

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Spectra+Premium+CU526+Radiator+&hasWorkingJavascript=1"]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Spectra+Premium+CU526+Radiator+&hasWorkingJavascript=1[/ame]

Does that link work,, if not Amazon, Spectra Rad # CU526 - $160 -

for 70 newer small blck

MY VALIANT IS RUNNING A lil 318 maybe 325hp i use the stock slant rad it works fine ive never over heated and i run my heater if u find a good cheap one its a option

i ran the same slanty radiator for a while with my 318 before i picked one up out of an 86 lebaron for 40 bucks. never had an issue.

i ran the same slanty radiator for a while with my 318 before i picked one up out of an 86 lebaron for 40 bucks. never had an issue.
I'm just a little concerned because it's primarily a summer vehicle, and where I live that means 100 degree days in the summer. Eventually I'm puttin in 3.91's and I feel like it would run pretty warm on a slant radiator

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-CU700-Complete-Radiator/dp/B000C7TVD8/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1358271682&sr=8-32&keywords=dodge+radiator"]Spectra Premium CU700 Complete Radiator for Dodge Colt : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Hey Inertia, maybe it's because I'm on the computer at school, but your link didn't work :(

just saying it get deently hot around here in the 80's and my car was drag raced in the 12's and has had this radiator i beleive its the stock 63 and has not had one issue the car was changed from the aluminum slant in like 1980 so the slanty rad has been keeping my car in the 165's for twenty years or more . my 2cents

i saw the rad he was trying to show u the dodge colt one looks pretty close to the stock look if thats what ur going for and its like 100 bucks good deal i paid 280 for my oringinal aspen heavy duty radiator from murray

Has anyone run those spectra radiators? how well do they work? do you know how many core?

Study hall is over haha I'lll look again when I get home, thanks though! good stuff so far!

Hey Inertia, maybe it's because I'm on the computer at school, but your link didn't work :(
i live in colorado and the summers get hot. the 2 core 86 lebaron 26" radiator and fan shroud work perfect with a 185* thermostat, i can sit in traffic all day long and it never gets over 210* . i spent less than 50 bucks total. i also have a 7 blade fan... just a thought

Thnx, I reposted link,, try that,--

I've got one on my sons 340, seems fine,, is 2 core, had no probs..

My original 69 - 340 rad is 2 core, always worked well,, even going thru Scramento in summer.. Cost me $200 to recore it last summer.. lol

vbpicgallery.php
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=7281

I just put this one in my 65 Dart, its a 2 row aluminum crossflow with a 25" overall width and I think a 22 or 18" core. I made my own mounts, but this with the electric fan and the mounting kit
vbpicgallery.php
, is something like 180ish from Skyline Performance on Ebay

Hey Sazzlefrats, I tried looking on ebay but wasn't able to find Skyline Performance. Could you post the link to your radiator? Would the same one work in 72?

I have a V8 aftermarket that I ran on my 318 for a couple months before swapping out for aluminum, would let it go pretty reasonable...
Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
C

-
Back