Cheater slick

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
i have a 3.91 open carrier, dumb question but can i just run 1 cheater slick or will the other tire burn out instead of the one with the slick? lol

i have a 3.91 open carrier, dumb question but can i just run 1 cheater slick or will the other tire burn out instead of the one with the slick? lol

The other tire will set it on fire.

Mini tub one side and run a big ole' drag radial on the same side :D

Apply this to camshafts and grind 6 cylinders with a wild lift and duration and the other 2 with a stock profile. What do you have, a three quarter race cam to go with the one cheater slick. Lol

Last edited:
The way open carriers work is power goes to the side that has the least amount of traction. On a smooth dry road the least amount of traction is influenced by the torque of the motor twisting the body and raising the L rear and pushing down on the R rear. That is why typically the L rear spins. I believe that if you improve the grip on the side where the power is, the wheel that spins, you will simply send the power to the other side and that wheel will spin.

The way open carriers work is power goes to the side that has the least amount of traction. On a smooth dry road the least amount of traction is influenced by the torque of the motor twisting the body and raising the L rear and pushing down on the R rear. That is why typically the L rear spins. I believe that if you improve the grip on the side where the power is, the wheel that spins, you will simply send the power to the other side and that wheel will spin.
If the 3:91 is part of an 8.25 or a 8.75 you have a head start on a great differential. May be time to figure a way to fix the issue the once and for all by getting and installing a good sure grip. Check out what Dr Diff has to offer at his web site, he can also be a great tech aid on the change over process. Folks here at FABO are also a good source for tech help.

One slick, one trailer tire and a spool!! Sometimes just getting those 50 1st points matter. I wouldn't suggest anyone trying this.

IMG_6517.jpeg

Oh dear lol looks like I’m going to need another slick
Unless your suspension is set up perfectly, Don't race with a open rear end. Good way to make turns right into the guardrail.

Unless your suspension is set up perfectly, Don't race with a open rear end. Good way to make turns right into the guardrail.
??? If one breaks loose, you generally go straight. IF 2 breaks loose, you fish tail

Oh dear lol looks like I’m going to need another slick
I have my Duster set up with an open rear end. Dead hooks. Of course, there is always the risk of one tire breaking loose on every launch, but generally there is no issue for me.

I have my Duster set up with an open rear end. Dead hooks. Of course, there is always the risk of one tire breaking loose on every launch, but generally there is no issue for me.
Never straight always forward! :poke::poke::lol: I have seen your videos. Now your van wants to go sideways! LOL

The torque going into the rearend unloads the right rear, it is the right rear that spins with an open differential.

The torque going into the rearend unloads the right rear, it is the right rear that spins with an open differential.
And that is likely correct, no guarantee on any of my posts that are written in the wee hours of the morning.

??? If one breaks loose, you generally go straight. IF 2 breaks loose, you fish tail
So i ended installing the one mickey thompson cheater slick and it made 80percent difference, i can hear the other tire spinning bit maybe ill try and low tire pressure a bit? what do you think?

So i ended installing the one mickey thompson cheater slick and it made 80percent difference, i can hear the other tire spinning bit maybe ill try and low tire pressure a bit? what do you think?
I
I found slapper bars to be the biggest bang for your buck (besides a good drag radial/or slick) for an open rear end. I don't care who or how many says different. I'd put slapper bars on it and set it up right. Here is my explanation video on why I use slapper bars on a open rear end with stock leaf springs

-
Back