Cheby go bad

-

WIKD71RICK

Reaction score
LMAO:cheers:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4EdVql8dE"]YouTube - Camaro loses it's rear end[/ame]

An oldie but still a goodie!!

Yeah, each time I see that it one, it reminds me of an embarrassing moment personally. I feel for the guy.

It was the first day of the new season, 1989, and I had just won the Pro points the previous year. Felt pretty cocky showing up with new Moroso chrome wheelie bars, I had welded on to my Dana 60 myself.

I left them laying at the line after the launch. OMG, I was so embarrassed, when they brought them up to me after the pass.

Seen a guy with a beautiful 1957 chevy nomad wagon at the drags lose an axle at the line one time.
He fixed it came back to the line and broke the new axle on the same side. Got out of his car and threw his helmet up in the air. The helmet came down right in the middle of his roof and put a nice dent in it.
I think at that point he might have been having a bad day.

I too feel for the guy,twice I,ve had issues.Once snapped an axel in my 8 1/4 4 speed car,then broke welds on my spring perches on my 66 Dart.Oh the joys of racing...Live and learn.:read2:

Origonally my car was a Feather Duster with the 7 1/4 rear end 225 six, Offy intake Hooker Headers and an overdrive 833. You know the rear is broken when you remove the cover and all parts fall neatly into a 2 lb coffee can

I too feel for the guy,twice I,ve had issues.Once snapped an axel in my 8 1/4 4 speed car,then broke welds on my spring perches on my 66 Dart.Oh the joys of racing...Live and learn.:read2:

Oh my, did it turn down and pop the drive shaft out of the trans?

I also had the welds break on my cross member to the ladder bars. It was the ones where the cross member went through the front eyelet plates.
It caused the wheelbase to vary and the car was all over the place. Of course, I didn't let out of it, and when I started shutting down it got real ugly. Scared the crap out of me, and it was final proof that I shouldn't be welding on my car.:toothy10:

I knew you guys had broken stuff before as have I more maybe more than I might tell But if you have never broke you prob have never raced

Attachments

• th_204-1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 145
-
Back