check my work before i order

-

hamsterhats

Reaction score
Getting this together for the body guy; here is a list of the weatherstripping that i am about to order, want to make sure i am ordering correctly. I want the windshield, rear glass, doors and trunk. am i correct?

64-72 (mid) trunk w/strip
64-72 roofrail w/strips
68-72 rear glass channel
68-74 front glass channel
67-72 quarter window seals
70-71 window w/strips

Looks good to me. Did you also want the one that goes on the bottum of the door? Don't think you have that one on your list. And mabby some more of them plastic tabes that hold it on to the door. They always brake when you take the old one off.

Cool,I will search for that piece, thank you!!!!!!

I would rather spend for a new hood to radiater support seal and a hood to cowl seal. A better trunk seal can be picked up in a junk yard. Just my .02

You can do most of that stuff pretty easily yourself and save some money from the body guy's labor.

Let them do the windshields but the rest of the stuff is cake.

How about body plugs, door seals, door bumpers, glass channel covers?

I'm glad I didn't order yet! Yeah, gonna let him do the glass, I ll do the others, they really aren't bad, might not need to.

While I have the door panels, was thinking about doing a quick cover job. Was thinking tweed spray glued to the original panel. Any thoughts?

While I have the door panels, was thinking about doing a quick cover job. Was thinking tweed spray glued to the original panel. Any thoughts?

Yeah, anything to make them look half decent while you save $$ for the high dollar door panels.

I just sprayed mine with black dye, rattle can from eastwood for the time being till I can save a small fortune for new door panels.

I should just make some new ones since they are rediculously,simply, flat.
hey, thanks for the inspiration. LOL.

Yeah, just get a board at lowes, copy it and glue on new!!! Fun little project!! It was 55 in Cincinnati today, got the car itch real bad! Yard work is first priority though and homework and work, going back to school at 30 is rough!

If you are making new boards I have to suggest you get the plastic type of fasteners too ( lowes has them ). I call them feathered push buttons. the go in the hole a lot esaier than the original steel wire type so they are less likey to crack you board or damage to fabric shown side.

-
Back