Check out my Craigslist ad if you need a good laugh

-

RON REAGLE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
2006 Dodge Charger R/T - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

IMG_3360.JPG

Thank you for doing the right thing. It's a funny ad and a good lesson to him.

Buying your son a hemi for a first car is the vehicular version of entrapment

If he's not going to "accelerate fast" with that one, you got bigger issues

One of the reasons we decided on the Charger was because he actually "fits" in the car. See our son is 6'9" tall and weighs 330 lbs. He doesn't fit in most cars. The Charger with the seat all the way back and tilted backwards he can get his legs in under the dash and reach the pedals (size 18 shoes as well) The Hemi was just the car we found in the right condition , price , etc. You understand I gave the kid a talking to the same way I would've if I had handed him a loaded gun.

Last edited:
One of the reasons we decided on the Charger was because he actually "fits" in the car. See our son is 6'9" tall and weighs 330 lbs. He doesn't fit in most cars. The Charger with the seat all the way back and tilted backwards he can get his legs in under the dash and reach the pedals (size 18 shoes as well) The Hemi was just the car we found in the right condition , price , etc. You understand I gave the kid a talking to the same way I would've if I had handed him a loaded gun.
Forget about me selling the 1965 Barracuda back Ron. Sorry! He seemed like such a nice and responsible young man.

My dad bought a new 69 New Yucker with a 440 in it. I had just turned 18 in early 69 and the guy actually let me drive it....by myself! Man, that car would really let the smoke out of the tires. To bad it didn't have a Sure Grip in it. It would launch leaving tire marks from both rear tires for about 3 car lengths then the left would would hook up making the right one spin even more. If it would have had a SG, 'it' wouldn't have ruined the right side tire :D

Thank you for being a PARENT and not your son's FRIEND. That's a tough thing to do.

Nice ad…..you tried…he will miss it.
If you don’t mind me asking why the new cats? Cats below efficiency code?
P0420 I think….that’s what my 07 is giving me….

797E2D0C-7444-4F5F-81F6-86803EA788A0.jpeg

with a size 18 shoe and 330lbs it would be hard to hold off the go pedal

Funny you say your tall son fits in the charger. I was watching an interview with Shaq he fits in a charger hellcat. Must be a roomy car

My dad bought a new 69 New Yucker with a 440 in it. I had just turned 18 in early 69 and the guy actually let me drive it....by myself! Man, that car would really let the smoke out of the tires. To bad it didn't have a Sure Grip in it. It would launch leaving tire marks from both rear tires for about 3 car lengths then the left would would hook up making the right one spin even more. If it would have had a SG, 'it' wouldn't have ruined the right side tire :D
Did that ONCE. Old man had a 73 olds 98 with a 455 in it. Would light’em up with out using the brake. Guess I over did it one day and he noticed. Had to take my hat off to wipe my *** for a week. Didn’t get to use the car much after that still can’t figure out why.

Thank you for being a PARENT and not your son's FRIEND. That's a tough thing to do.
I told my kids that,

“I’m your best friend until I have to be a parent, so, don’t do dumb stuff and we will have a blast!
When your about to do something dumb or worse, I yank out the Dad card and your not going to like it, but that’s being a Dad. My job is making sure you grow up safe, smart and healthy and not a dumb ***, on drugs, behind bars and getting your *** kicked doing stupid stuff. I need to make sure your prepped for life GOD forbid me and Mom should disappear from this earth and never return one day.”

Of course the Dad card has come out an occasion or three or four and of course it sends them into a tizzy. That’s when I remind them of the above speech. After that, there was never a problem. Though they still weren’t happy that I had to be Dad at that moment, they were later grateful and understood when they had time to think about it.

We all love our kids and doing what Ron is doing sucks on one level but sometimes it has to be done. In the long run, It’s the smart and right choice to be made. For parents, It is a no brain-er. Quite a simple choice to be made.

@RON REAGLE Hats off to you for having to go this route but you know it’s the right thing to do. When he becomes responsible again……..
Until that day arrives, I’m sure he will be tired of the walking/biking to his low paying job where it’ll take him a while to save up and pay for his own car.

During that time, perhaps he will reflect on looking that gift horse in the mouth and realize the disrespect towards you and the community with his lack of care or concern for others driving in such a manor. He has failed to see his recklessness and potential of harm to himself and others without care or concern.

At least the lesson is coming from caring and loving parents instead of the law and law suites from the parents of the ones hurt or killed.

Did that ONCE. Old man had a 73 olds 98 with a 455 in it. Would light’em up with out using the brake. Guess I over did it one day and he noticed. Had to take my hat off to wipe my *** for a week. Didn’t get to use the car much after that still can’t figure out why.
Didn't need to use the brake on the New Yucker either. Thing is, the tire didn't go down right away but he noticed the rubber on the quarter panel when he had to change a flat a couple of weeks later......and well, I'm pretty sure I paid for it over time because I was working for him at the time and continued to even after I got out of the military. He had a little bit of a heavy foot too so he understood it I guess. He quit pounding my *** when I was around 16 or so. Maybe he figured if all the poundings over the years didn't do any good, what would! And then there was the fact I never ended up in jail either. Maybe he thought I wasn't such a bad kid after all LOL

Yup!!

.....if only it weren't 3000 miles away...... and black.
Oh man, I like black cars! My first one was a 79 Dodge Club Cab lwb pickup D300 Adventurer SE. All black and all the chrome trim with chrome spoke wagon wheels riding on 33" BFG Sport Truck Radials. The tires weren't steel belted either and rode good but were too light for the truck but still held up even with a couple of 5k loads in the bed. Another vehicle I should have kept....

I told my kids that,

“I’m your best friend until I have to be a parent, so, don’t do dumb stuff and we will have a blast!
When your about to do something dumb or worse, I yank out the Dad card and your not going to like it, but that’s being a Dad. My job is making sure you grow up safe, smart and healthy and not a dumb ***, on drugs, behind bars and getting your *** kicked doing stupid stuff. I need to make sure your prepped for life GOD forbid me and Mom should disappear from this earth and never return one day.”

Of course the Dad card has come out an occasion or three or four and of course it sends them into a tizzy. That’s when I remind them of the above speech. After that, there was never a problem. Though they still weren’t happy that I had to be Dad at that moment, they were later grateful and understood when they had time to think about it.

We all love our kids and doing what Ron is doing sucks on one level but sometimes it has to be done. In the long run, It’s the smart and right choice to be made. For parents, It is a no brain-er. Quite a simple choice to be made.

@RON REAGLE Hats off to you for having to go this route but you know it’s the right thing to do. When he becomes responsible again……..
Until that day arrives, I’m sure he will be tired of the walking/biking to his low paying job where it’ll take him a while to save up and pay for his own car.

During that time, perhaps he will reflect on looking that gift horse in the mouth and realize the disrespect towards you and the community with his lack of care or concern for others driving in such a manor. He has failed to see his recklessness and potential of harm to himself and others without care or concern.

At least the lesson is coming from caring and loving parents instead of the law and law suites from the parents of the ones hurt or killed.
My X was a friend to the kids and I was the one administering the discipline. And I was fairly mild and structured in it and gave the kids choices in how they received the discipline. They didn't get many choices but they got them. Thing is, the oldest figured it out while the two younger ones never did. They always went running to mommy friend.....and I never hear from the two youngest.

My X was a friend to the kids and I was the one administering the discipline. And I was fairly mild and structured in it and gave the kids choices in how they received the discipline. They didn't get many choices but they got them. Thing is, the oldest figured it out while the two younger ones never did. They always went running to mommy friend.....and I never hear from the two youngest.
That’s rough when the other half plays devil advocate bucking your ruling and giving into the kids or just simply siding with them. My daughter tried to play both parents which did t last long at all. Once it was realized, the wife and I got together and said who ever made the rule first, or the yes or no answer was to be obeyed period.

I did give the kids a platform on which to “Constructively argue there wish or point.” Which helped there critical thinking and verbal skills. I lost once, she made sense and argued her side well. So she got a cell phone. We put a tracker on it and it was fine with her. Even paid off once in a “can you come pick me up, my friends are being stupid.” She was texacy sure where she was so I just stay out, I got you.
So it was a win win.

Both parents have to be on the same page and agree on how things get done. We didn’t pull the “Be wise Daddy says so.” Card, we just explained most of the time. If my daughter was playing *****, it was a “We said so or else!” And that got her Fanny moving right quick!

Yup!!

Oh man, I like black cars! My first one was a 79 Dodge Club Cab lwb pickup D300 Adventurer SE. All black and all the chrome trim with chrome spoke wagon wheels riding on 33" BFG Sport Truck Radials. The tires weren't steel belted either and rode good but were too light for the truck but still held up even with a couple of 5k loads in the bed. Another vehicle I should have kept....

I had three black drivers at one time, a few years ago. A dually pickup, a 5 liter 5sp fox, and a 55 Bel Air. Couldn't keep any of them clean.
I'll never do another black car again. Nice to look at, as long as they aren't mine. (But let's be real, there ARE certain exceptions! I know of a black 50s Fiat woody wagon,...... with a blown gen1 392).

I had three black drivers at one time, a few years ago. A dually pickup, a 5 liter 5sp fox, and a 55 Bel Air. Couldn't keep any of them clean.
I'll never do another black car again. Nice to look at, as long as they aren't mine. (But let's be real, there ARE certain exceptions! I know of a black 50s Fiat woody wagon,...... with a blown gen1 392).
At the time, I enjoyed the black vehicles and kept them garaged and fairly clean. Now I have two red trucks. One is a 97 2500 and the paint has been peeling since 2001 and a 96 Dakota that's been repainted and goes dull pretty fast. My first red vehilce was a 67 Dart with original paint in 74 that got buffed twice and went dull pretty fast after each time. No more red for me! I got the red 2500 diesel cheap because of the peeling paint but it ran super great whereas all the others I test drove that were 4-5 years old ran like crap. The 96 Dakota was really nice except for the dull paint. The diesel still runs great so I look the other way on the red paint lol

At the time, I enjoyed the black vehicles and kept them garaged and fairly clean. Now I have two red trucks. One is a 97 2500 and the paint has been peeling since 2001 and a 96 Dakota that's been repainted and goes dull pretty fast. My first red vehilce was a 67 Dart with original paint in 74 that got buffed twice and went dull pretty fast after each time. No more red for me! I got the red 2500 diesel cheap because of the peeling paint but it ran super great whereas all the others I test drove that were 4-5 years old ran like crap. The 96 Dakota was really nice except for the dull paint. The diesel still runs great so I look the other way on the red paint lol
Red is not my favorite color either, but three of the ones I have are pretty good, the other one is a theft recovery completely f-ed up by the thieves. It's gonna get the cheapest repaint I can find. Can you say Earl Schieb? (Didn't wanna mention that they are all c-word)
Ron Reagel, sorry about the thread detour. My bad. Carry on.

Dart is a 74 original paint when I dug it out of my shed to get it running again after 39 years in shed. I used mirka V5 polishing compound and 3 good coats of nufinish wax. Been 3 years that original metallic shine still there. Re waxed it twice since then.

Dart is a 74 original paint when I dug it out of my shed to get it running again after 39 years in shed. I used mirka V5 polishing compound and 3 good coats of nufinish wax. Been 3 years that original metallic shine still there. Re waxed it twice since then.
Should be VF 5

-
Back