Check out my Ultra Cool Vintage license plates!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Got these on eBay, finally found a set of MN 1965/66 sticker plates with "273" on them!! I think they are cool.....6VB 273 (1966 Valiant/Barracuda 273)

I missed out on a 273 numbered pair a few years ago, been looking ever since and got lucky, paid $5 :D Too bad I already have a vintage set registered as a collector on my 66, maybe I will let my dad put them on his 1966 Barracuda 273 :D

DSC05513.jpg

DSC05512.jpg

Those are very COOOOOL!!!! I have a couple neat ones also, maybe i'll post pics sometime?

Sweeeeeet!!!! Can you run em' on your car out there?

Yes! Instead of getting Collector car plates I can bring these to the DMV and register these as my colletor plates, they just need to photocopy them into the system and they are good to go. I have plates like these on my car now just a different number.

In North Carolina, You can run a year of manufacture plate on your vehicle but you need to have your current plate in the vehicle with the registration. You cannot register an old plate but as long as the year on the plate matches the manufacturer year of the vehicle, you can run the tag.

You got a smoking deal.I paid almost 200. for my set but they were original uncirculated.My initials are BM so i say its Bob Michaels love.I love my car.

Attachments

• coronet 2-5-11 001.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 378
That's a real clean set of plates Keith. Even if ours around the same time said 100,000 lakes lol..

Grant

While were on the subject of plates can someone explain to me why Black California plate are so sought after and considered "cool"?

OK, had to resize. Oddly i got the 2 different "MY CUDA" plates within a couple of weeks!
The "MYH-383" to me is MY H-code 383, because '67-'69 Bcuda 383's are H-code in the vin#.

Attachments

• '67,'69 B-Up housings, plates 016@50%.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 239
  • '67,'69 B-Up housings, plates 017@50%.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 240
  • '67,'69 B-Up housings, plates 018@50%.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 246
While were on the subject of plates can someone explain to me why Black California plate are so sought after and considered "cool"?

Black plates themselves, or black plate cars??? I believe in Cali once a set of plates is issued for a car, they stay with the car for its lifetime. Even when a car sells the new owner gets those plates with the car. That's why when you see an original black plate car it has been in Cali since new, or since the days of plack plates. I'm not sure what years exactly the black plates were used.

Got these on eBay, finally found a set of MN 1965/66 sticker plates with "273" on them!! I think they are cool.....6VB 273 (1966 Valiant/Barracuda 273)

I missed out on a 273 numbered pair a few years ago, been looking ever since and got lucky, paid $5 :D Too bad I already have a vintage set registered as a collector on my 66, maybe I will let my dad put them on his 1966 Barracuda 273 :D

DSC05513.jpg

DSC05512.jpg

Wow! Cool find indeed :cheers: I forgot out interior in our Valiant's are identical :glasses7:, yep! Let dad run these plates :happy1:

Wow! Cool find indeed :cheers: I forgot out interior in our Valiant's are identical :glasses7:, yep! Let dad run these plates :happy1:

Yup, he put one on the front of his 66 but still has the collector plate on the rear, he is gonna run it like a vanity plate.

-
Back