Check out our 1970 FM3 Dart Swinger!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I figured I would start this under the "member restorations". The car has been sitting in storage for a couple of years, just cleaned it up the other day and took some new pics and a short vidieo. The car is a 1970 Dart Swinger with the factory FM3 (Panther Pink) paint code. I got this car for my wife as a wedding gift 4 years ago, I purchased it from the original owner. The car has 205,000 miles on it! I would like to restore it someday, makes a great driver for now.

Picture 752.jpg

Picture 753.jpg

Picture 756.jpg

Picture 757.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

Picture 758.jpg

Hey there Nice 70 May i ask a question? What is modified about it it looks pretty stock to me, im also a Dumby so i wouldnt know sh*t:-D

It has a stock 318 engine, when I got it, I added 1968 340 AVS intake with a 625 Carter, 340 high flow exhaust manifolds, 340 air cleaner, MP electronic ignition, 2 1/4 dual exhaust with an X pipe, 340 stainless exhaust tips, 3.23 gears and a sure grip. My wife raced it up at the 1/4 mile track in Brainerd, MN, best time was a mid 15! The engine was rebuilt before I got it but now has 100,000 on the rebuild, still runs awesome, no smoke or leaks! The gal I got it from had a lead foot, she blew out 2 rear center sections out of the original 8 3/4 rear! When I pulled the 2 bbl intake off, I was pleased to find the heads were gasket matched with mild port work, also has a "Berry" custom ground cam, barely bigger than stock.

Looks like a solid car, where did you find it?

The original carpet and front seat cover were shot, so I replaced the carped and added a Year One seat cover. I also added the Tuff wheel and the vintage Mopar tach so wifey could watch the rpms while racing. The dash pad was also bad so I added a plastic dash cover, looks very good, can hardly tell. Also put on the sbp Rallye rims, I also have some steel 14x7 sbp rims which I had painted to match the car, red line dog dish caps, looks sharp with those too!

Looks like a solid car, where did you find it?

It think it was purchased in MN from Brookdale Dodge in 1970, can't remember but I do have most of the paperwork. She now lives in Walker, MN, that is where I discovered it. The gal I purchased it from said when she looked at it, there was a Plum Crazy Dart on one side and a Sublime Dart on the other, how cool is that! She chose the pink one cause her first car was a pink & black 1956 Plymouth. The reason for the purchase was her husband rolled his VW bus, and they need a new car. She racked up many miles, the car did get rusty in the mid 1980's. She has worked at the same body shop since the late 70's, so at the time she bought brand new front fenders, rockers, valance panels, trunk lid, and full rear quarter panels, all the way up to the trunk lip and roof pillar! The body is so straight and solid, it's crazy! The floor has been patched up a little but nothing severe. The old enamel paint is now faded, the color is a close match to the original. I got a little notebook with the car, everything from the first oil change on is in there including all the warranty work!

Nice to get a little history. My Demon was purchased from a AMC/Dodge dealer in Duluth MN. talk at ya later. mike

Hey Mike -
Nice solid Dart you got there.
Were the times listed with the 340 that's in the car now? Reason I'm asking is because years ago I had a stock '69 340 Swinger that turned a best in Pure Stock trim of 14.28 at OCIR with a 727 and non-SureGrip 3.23. Loved beating up on 396 Chevelles with that car!

Nice car. My 6 year old daughter loves it. She told me she wants a pink dart just like that when she starts driving (the cool part is she actually knows that its a dart all by herself I'm training her well:-D:-D) Justin

My wife would LOVE that car. Let me know when your wife tires of it.

It`s nice to have all of that history with the car. In the snowbelt to have an owner that worked at a body shop......... sweet!

Ocdart, it has a 318 engine just appointed with 340 parts. I know what you mean about the early 340 cars stock though, they`ll take some big blocks to task.

Damn it 66340! I was looking at your car again and Joyce saw it over my shoulder. Now she wants me to have our butterscotch '70 Swinger painted pink. Thanks alot!!! ;-)

Damn it 66340! I was looking at your car again and Joyce saw it over my shoulder. Now she wants me to have our butterscotch '70 Swinger painted pink. Thanks alot!!! ;-)

OOOOOH, butterscotch is a sweet color too. I would love to see 1 of every high impact color 70 Dart Swinger all parked in the same row, that would be cool!

I feel confident in saying that I don't think any car manufacturer in the future will never, ever offer a car in that color again. That's a nice piece of automotive history to have in your collection.

66340sedan....

restore it???it looks great as is!

Sure love the crazy colors ma mopar dreamed up in the 70's

Looks like a solid old Dodge. I would love to get my hands on the MoPar tach!!

-
Back