Check out this Vintage Union Grove WI Drag Race Poster Ad

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Check this out, my dad found this in my grandpas garage awhile back, it was pinned to the wall (think he said it was covering a hole or something?) the back side is rough with overspray paint on it but this is what was preserved....its a 1976 cardboard advertisement for a race at Union Grove in WI....check out the information contact at the bottom :glasses7:

He can't remember if he went to that race or a brother of his did at the time. It measures 28x21" and is cardboard, a little yellowed from age but still very cool, been in a frame since he got it but has moved lose and I need to straighten it out better. My dad has had this hid away since 2000 so I stole it from him cause I will display it like it should be shown...thought I would share this unique piece of history :D

I wonder if that address is for his shop?

His shop is just paces from I-75, not even a full city block. I was just at his museum a couple weekends ago delivering those rims. You have never heard of so many Hemi's, Ford 427 Cammers, and drag race cars. He has a first gen hemi air siren!

I think Seffner, Florida must be a track or home, though I would expect him to mostly use the Gainesville, Florida NHRA track.

That is/was his home 66340SEDAN :cheers: That is where I use to mow his yard, he had a lake out back and a double garage, one at each end :glasses7: and this was back in 1973 threw 75, it was a cool gig for me and his wife made some of the best bologna and tomato sandwiches ever :color:
There is a thread here about my day with Don in Memphis Motor Park and we sat in his trailer getting caught up. Yep :cheers: Thats his old home address, Wow that is so cool to see, I lived in Dover just up the road HWY 574 if I remember right :D I/we could smell the shrimp plant from his house when the wind was right, maybe thats why he moved :D

That poster is great, me and my brother used to go there in the early '70s, I'm originally from Muskego Wisconsin.

Jeff

"Big Daddy" Don founded the Professional Racers Organization (PRO) and was president from 1972-76.

Great poster!!!! Have a professional shop print them and sell copies?

-
Back